As an Internal Auditor, you’ll work to control the organisation’s risks, using a control framework. As well as our induction program, you will be provided with 10 training days throughout the year, ensuring you have the support and training to succeed in this role. You’ll report to the Head of Finance and Corporate Services.
- Prepare high quality, evidence-based internal audit reports, in line with modern audit practice and professional standards.
- Understand business processes, and what risks there may be, and use a control framework to support improvements.
- Identify risk control recommendations and follow-up to ensure agreed audit recommendations are delivered and sustained.
- Build strong relationships with both finance and operational management.
- Lead audit meetings to ensure understanding of audit objectives, findings and recommendations, offering practical and achievable solutions for improvement to operations and the control environment.
- Deliver internal audit assignments in accordance with professional audit standards
- Undertake special projects, ad hoc audits, and fraud or breach investigations as required by senior management or the audit committee.
- Maintain audit administration systems and data to support audit and performance monitoring activities.
- Keep up to date with sector related legislation, regulations and risk management and control best practices to ensure the internal audit function is high quality and compliant with professional standards
- BA/BS degree. Ideally in business administration, finance/accounting or related discipline.
- Part qualified professional accountancy body.
- 2 years experience within an audit capacity.
- Strong data analytical skills, with the ability to problem solve and achieve results.
- Meticulous, customer focused, team player, organised, motivated individual.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Eoghan Dalton on 090 64 78104 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie