- Reference: LK46979
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Clare, Limerick, Limerick City
- Category: HR & Training
Interim Group HR Director – Limerick
Our client a has an immediate requirement for an Interim Group HR Director for their operation based in Limerick. This role covers an extensive group portfolio with extensive responsibilities and requirements, if you wish to discuss this role and review the full specification of the role in confidence please apply or contact David Fitzgibbon on 061 512270 to discuss in more detail.
Sample Responsibilities – not limited to
- Oversee the management and development of a HR team ensuring that they have the skills, knowledge and motivation to perform effectively and engage with managers and staff to implement leading edge initiatives across the Group.
- Review current HR practices and initiatives across the Group and ensure they are in keeping with current corporate management processes and Group business strategies and comply with statutory requirements
- Develop and effective human resources strategy that meet the changing needs of the operations and implement any new HR policies and practices arising from this;
- Shared responsibility with the management team for providing visible, credible HR leadership to overall operation.
- Advise the management team on employment laws issues and best HR practice.
- Liaise closely with Press Office and media relations; Liaise with Consumer Affairs in relation to Freedom of Information and Data Protection requests.
- To measure Key Performance Indicator for HR, e.g. absenteeism and employment monitoring, in order to continually monitor and improve the effectiveness of systems in place;
- Continuously review HR processes to ensure efficiency and effectiveness with particular emphasis on benchmarking against best practices;
- Implement the decisions and policies of the Group CEO expeditiously within the framework of a balanced budget and report on their implementation;
- To ensure and effective system of performance management is in lace and used appropriately across the Directorates;
- To ensure an effective and efficient training (performance) and development strategy is in place across the Group to provide the maximum training and development for the resources available.
- Within the Group by providing representation at Labour Court, Rights Commissioner and Employment Appeals Tribunal hearings.
Requirements not limited to
- Ideally be CIPD or IITD registered/have a HR qualification or related area
- Senior Management or General Management experience
- Demonstrate achievement in general HR activities
- The ability to effectively lead others and achieve results including the ability to effectively manage change and organisational development;
- Flexibility, adaptability and openness to working effectively in a changing environment.
- The ability to evaluate information , spot trends, and effective report writing skills
- The ability to solve problems and make decisions, weighing up the consequences of their actions.
- A high level of interpersonal and communication skills including negotiation skills, conflict resolution and the ability to build and maintain relationships.
- The ability to work effectively with and lead multi-disciplinary teams and have the ability to motivate, empower, encourage and achieve maximum efficiency from staff.