To support the increasing demand for manufacturing engineering expertise and process optimisation in the management and delivery of output from the company’s Sales Department. Our client has an opening for an Inside Sales Technical Lead to interact with customers, internal sales team, design and engineering teams, supply chain, finance and various business units leads and stakeholders to handle a variety of engineering pre-sales and post-sales activity with quotation and proposal delivery being the main objective of the role.
The successful candidate should be skilled in answering direct customer technical design and manufacturing queries regarding the Design & Development and contract manufacturing of a range of consumer devices and issuing quotes and proposals. B2B Medical Device industry knowledge and manufacturing expertise are desired for this role.
- Ensure a thorough understanding of customer needs through proactive communication with the customer and key internal stakeholders across 3 business units
- Deliver an extraordinary customer experience on every interaction by evaluating, analysing and resolving manufacturing enquiries and providing quotations and proposals.
- Liaise effectively with various internal stakeholders such as industrial and graphic engineering and sales & marketing to turnaround the highest quality proposals in a timely manner
- Working closely with the sales team, Design & Development and Contract Manufacturing teams on customer proposals and quotes to win business
- Attending weekly proposal & quote meetings with appropriate teams and acting as a technical expert
- Provide weekly and monthly department metrics to relevant internal key stakeholders
- Responsible for ensuring all vendor/shipping/currency exchange costs are up to date and accurate, margins applied in keeping with policy and all information supplied to customers and potential customers is correct before issuing any quotation information.
- Apply appropriate pricing policy principals to quotations
- Working closely with customers and sales to understand and capture requirements
- Putting case studies together to support proposals and keeping supporting systems updated
- Working closely and collaboratively with customers to devise effective solutions
- Replying to customers following requests for information and proposal requests
- Presenting proposals to customers alongside members of the sales team as appropriate
- Providing ongoing support for customers post implementation
- Producing detailed costings for customers
- Previous experience working within a manufacturing technical pre-sales position desired
- An ability to communicate manufacturing processes to non-technical staff in a way that is easy to understand
- Quality Management System compliance required
- Communicate on a regular basis with external suppliers of materials and equipment in alignment with the Supply Chain department
- Previous experience in a similar position would be a strong advantage
- Good knowledge of injection mould tooling and design and process engineering
- Team player, critical thinker, self-motivated and proactive positive attitude