Purpose of Role
- The ideal candidate will be a sales oriented self-starter capable of leading and managing an efficient customer oriented sales support function. You will lead your team to provide a key interface with the customer, supporting all aspects of the sales and customer care process (incl. generating sales, customer calls, tenders, quotations, sales promotions, order processing etc.). Working in a team environment, the successful candidate will demonstrate excellent external and internal customer focus throughout.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the internal team to maximize sales revenue, in conjunction with the Clinical Sales Team
- Play a leading role in the development and execution of the internal sales strategy.
- Manage the day-to-day operational sales activity in support of the Clinical Sales Team, from lead generation to close.
- Specific Responsibilities include leading the team in:
- Supporting the Quotation process
- Ensuring timely and accurate order placement / management
- Project managing and coordinating high-value tender submissions
- Supporting the effective management of lead generation, helping to track and convert to order
- Undertaking desk research to gain market information
- Coordination of exhibitions
- Generation of sales statistics and reports
- Supporting the forecasting function internally and externally
- Supporting Sales Team meetings / events
- Meet and exceed customer expectations, providing exceptional service and support in a professional, knowledgeable and timely manner.
- Foster a customer oriented environment among the team and business partners
- Support the Clinical Sales Team in managing complex customer accounts
- Nurture and maintain a positive relationship with principles and suppliers
- Manage efficient and smooth department operations by providing team members with the leadership, direction, information and tools required to perform an outstanding job.
- Maintain and further develop effective and efficient business processes.
- Identify and drive continuous improvement initiatives, leveraging the use of KPI’s
- Nurture and maintain a positive, motivating, team-based work environment
- Develop team and individual goals and objectives in conjunction with key stakeholders
- Manage the day-to-day resourcing of the team, balancing workload and ensuring appropriate coverage to deliver the expected service level.
- Play a leading role in employee performance assessment and feedback
- Provide day-to-day guidance and support to the team
- Other duties that may be assigned from time to time
- 3-4 years’ experience in a Sales / Sales Support leadership role is essential, preferably in a Healthcare / Medical Device environment.
- Knowledge and experience of all aspects of the role as outlined.
- Proven track record of achieving and exceeding set KPI’s and targets
- Customer Orientation: exceptional service to meet and exceed our customers’ expectations
- Track record in leading and managing high-performance teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative and team approach
- Professional and effective Communicator, written and oral
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Results Orientation: Deliver measurable results. Makes and Meets Commitments
- Attention to Detail, ensuring work is executed accurately and completely
- Strong administrative and IT/computing skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity and flexible to adapt to changing situations
- Resourcefulness in order to deliver a high-quality service
- Ability to master and cope with a steep learning curve
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Sarah Boyle on 016620088 or email email@example.com.