Our client, a leading medical device company in Sligo, is looking to hire an injection moulding technician.
- Proactively work to the production schedule to maximize productivity.
- Work as part of a cross functional team to support the production schedule & drive process improvements.
- Take direct & daily ownership of assigned process setup areas, highlighting any challenges, and liaising with Engineering & Tooling groups to drive continuous improvement.
- Support the tooling group to actively work to the SMED initiative.
- Install tooling in Injection Moulding Machines, and process within established process settings.
- Work as part of a cross-functional team to support validation activities.
- Support process qualification IQ/OQ/PQ and Injection Moulding process troubleshooting.
- Rapidly respond to sudden manufacturing requests.
- Perform TPM on process equipment in line with the Preventative Maintenance system.
- Maintain equipment logs to document process performance, actions taken etc.
- Ensure jigs, fixtures and tooling is handled appropriately during the process setup phase.
- Ensure that safety of personnel and in particular that equipment safety guards and features are in full working order before process is released to production.
- Proactively identify challenging process, equipment etc., and make recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Support data capturing and trend analysis to identify opportunities for improvement.
- At all times, maintain a culture of continuous improvement, while adhering to required standards of housekeeping, GMP, GDP and safety.
- As required, execute design of experiments (DOEs) to optimize manufacturing process performance.
- Qualification in Equipment Processing / Polymer Engineering / Science or related discipline preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of Injection Moulding equipment, tooling and design.
- Experienced in validation execution beneficial.
- Knowledge of quality standards and expectations within the medical device industry.
- Excellent attention to detail in oral & written communication.
For a confidential discussion please contact Mark Whelan on 071 914 2411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org