As Group IS Engineering Lead, you will have responsibility for coordinating, overseeing, and controlling the work activities of our clients' IS Department to ensure alignment with our clients' future IT/IS strategic plan. In this role, the Group IS Engineering Lead will have responsibility for reviewing, evaluating, designing, developing and implementing an advanced and compliant ERP system solution to support our clients' evolving business. Throughout the duration of ERP Systems investigative work, you will ensure that the current system is fully maintained and developed to meet internal customer requirements. Based on having established an appropriate ERP system for our client, The Group IS Engineering Lead will design a master project onload plan and project-manage all activities through to full implementation of the new ERP system. Working closely with the IS Team and our clients' Management, you will lead and showcase the IS Function within our client and provide broad visibility of project delivery.
Major Roles & Responsibilities:
- To scope out key IS design/development projects based on Function demands and alignment with ERP strategy.
- To coordinate/make essential program changes to our clients' Database Systems in line with specified business demands.
- To manage the integration of new systems (off-the-shelf/custom designed ) with the database System.
- To oversee the maintenance of the Database System and provide support to users throughout the facility.
- To evaluate off-the-shelf ERP systems and select an appropriate ERP system that best fits our clients' future business positions.
- To enable full system regulatory compliance based on system software regulations ( ref: FDA, BSI standards).
- To project-manage systems design/development activities ( new application introductions etc ) to agreed project timelines.
- To maximize systems, and support resources through efficient work distribution, coordination and communications.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Demonstrable Knowledge of medical device quality systems and ISO13485.
- An ability in number orientation (abilities in Mathematics; Accounting; statistics; and/or Finance).
- Strong computer programming Skills in Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) and T-SQL (SQL Server).
- Excellent Computer Skills (word, excel, PowerPoint and Access).
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) & interpersonal skills.
- An analytical approach to problem-solving.
- A self-starter that applies their own initiative in most situations.
- A team player, who works well in a smart team environment, must be able to work effectively with peers in other departments.
- A good communicator who can easily convey ideas and requirements across all levels of the organisation.
Qualification and Education requirements:
- Requires a Level 8 or higher degree in an IT/IS design and Development
- Experience within the medical device industry in a Quality Engineer role is essential.
- 5 - 8 years relevant experience in design/development and implementation of impactful ERP Systems.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role and the organisation please contact Chris O Toole