A permanent Industrial Engineer role has arisen with a leading global medical device client in Galway.
In your new role as Industrial Engineer, you will identify and pursue value improvement and waste elimination to support manufacturing areas by identifying opportunities for the initiation and completion of Lean projects in line with business goals and objectives.
Overview of Main Responsibilities (full job description available on request):
- Support the ongoing introduction and advancement of Lean Manufacturing principles and practices across the plant / in the direct area of responsibility.
- Provision of technical support and, where necessary, project management support to Manufacturing teams to initiate and sustain Kaizen/ continuous improvement.
- Mentor' Lean champions supporting lean initiatives across production units.
- Provision of training and ongoing support on existing Lean "tool kit", refining and improving these tools and introducing new ones as appropriate.
- Identification of improvement opportunities and initiation of projects teams and plans to address, providing support & direction and facilitating the removal of barriers to ensure successful outcomes.
- Ensure that Lean activities and projects are linked such that the entire value stream benefits.
- Reviewing requests for changes to facility layouts and proposing summary options for review/ approval. Arising from analysis and consensus agreement, work with Facilities Dept and relevant Production Team to prepare final layout drawings and implementation plan.
- Support the Strategic Space Plan by keeping layouts current.
- Demonstrating good working knowledge of Industrial Engineering tools & practices and using this knowledge and expertise to continually drive improvement in process/equipment design, layout and operational performance.
The ideal Industrial Engineer looks like:
- HETAC Level 8 in a relevant discipline would be highly desirable but will consider applicants level 7 and studying towards level 8
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar role.
- Good technical capabilities, communication skills, teamwork abilities, and initiative.
- Proven ability to work well as part of a team & on your own with minimum supervision.
What you will get in return:
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Jessica Ryan,