My client is an established company in the Irish municipal water sector. My client has a sister company that operates almost exclusively in the industrial and commercial water sector in the UK. The client is now focusing to develop and grow the Irish business to address the commercial and industrial sector in Ireland replicating the UK strategy and success. The Technical Sales Engineer will be responsible for the establishment and growth of this business unit.
Technical Sales Engineer Main Responsibilities:
- Support the company’s Industrial BD Strategy to deliver demanding growth targets in selected markets and in line with the Business Plan.
- Identify & obtain sales opportunities for the company’s services in the industrial and commercial service sector.
- Use a relationship-based approach to secure orders from existing and prospective customers.
- Manage the end to end sales process, develop new business relationships and secure sales in line with targets, following up on company tenders and proposals.
- Assist in the transition from order/contract signing to the delivery team supporting contract startup.
Sales and Account Management
- Use a relationship based sales approach to build relationships with customers.
- Manage the end to end sales process and develop new business relationships that align with company strategy and against set targets.
- Follow up company sales proposal and convert to order
- Negotiate scope of work, service delivery, and price etc. in order to overcome objections, secure agreement, and close sales.
- Carry out regular visits to target customers to build excellent working relationships.
- Provide a responsive first point of contact for target customers
Key Skills/ Experience
- Educated to diploma level or equivalent
- 4 to 5 years experience in a commercial environment, preferably with some experience of the commercial and industrial water and wastewater industry
- Proven experience and success within a sales & business development role
- Experience in identifying and developing business opportunities
- A deep understanding of sales and marketing principals
- Ability to build excellent customer relationships
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills
- Delivering professional presentations to large groups
- Ability to think both strategically and analytically
- Willingness to cover customers based over a large geographical area
- An enthusiastic/motivated self-starter
- Highly motivated with a positive “can do” attitude
- Broad experience/understanding of water/wastewater company business & regulation – an advantage (but not essential)
***Full Spec on Application***