- Reference: D46011
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Dublin City Centre
- Category: Accountancy & Finance
Execellent opportunity for an experienced tax specilaist in a leading global pharmaceutical organisation located in Dublin city centre. Role is initially 11 month contract position.
This position is an internal VAT compliance and consulting role working as part of a large team of internal VAT colleagues.
- Manage the workload of the VAT Analysts that report into you.
- Assist the Analyst with the preparation of Individual Objectives Plan/Individual Development Plan.
- Complete mid-year and end of year reviews in an appropriate timeframe
- Act as a mentor in assisting and developing the VAT knowledge and expertise of the VAT Analyst
- Assist and engage the Analyst in new and relevant local and international VAT updates.
- Provide training to the GFS VAT team and GFS Europe teams, including market colleagues;
- Ensure accurate and timely completion and filing of VAT returns by reviewing and approving all compliance work (VAT returns, EC Sales lists, intrastat, annual returns, Withholding returns, and any other ad hoc returns where applicable) of the Indirect Tax Analyst.
- Ensure the VAT Analyst makes all payments in a timely manner.
- Ensure the relevant VAT Team controls are completed in a timely manner each month
- Oversee the Tax process to identify follow- up and resolve any errors or exceptions.
- Follow up on outstanding repayments/refund applications in a timely manner.
- Provide comment/suggestions on process/system efficiencies that might be adopted to improve the processes in GFS VAT.
- Manage all Tax Audits/Queries in a professional, timely and efficient manner whilst ensuring that, where appropriate, local Tax expertise is consulted.
- Minimum 3-5 years VAT experience
- A recognized professional tax qualification (eg, AITI, AIIT) and/or significant post qualified experience an advantage
- Experience in a Big 4 Indirect tax practice or a multinational commercial organisation and/or Specialist experience in Indirect Tax
- Extensive knowledge of existing and proposed VAT legislation to provide detailed advice to management on specific transactions
For more information, please contact Ciara Riordan directly on: 016620088 OR Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services, and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland. please visit our website at www.collinsmcnicholas.ie