The Indirect Tax Manager will have responsibility for VAT compliance and reporting within EMEA Region.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on Indirect Tax matters for financial reporting during the financial year close process.
- Responsibility for all Indirect Tax Compliance
- Responsibility for European foreign VAT re-claims including preparation, filing, reporting and analysis of the foreign VAT re-claim process and liaising with external advisors.
- Responsibility for ensuring consistency in financial systems and reporting set-up for European VAT.
- Responsibility for ensuring the appropriate rate of VAT is applied to company products including the co-ordination of VAT rate ruling applications as required.
- Manage the cross border movement of goods from a VAT and Customs perspective with the relevant internal departments.
- Manager VAT implications of inter-company and domestic transactions.
- Manage relationships with external Indirect Tax advisors.
- Support and manage Indirect Tax audits / enquiries with local Tax Authorities across EMEA.
- Provide expert guidance to the business on the Indirect Tax implications of various transactions to minimise risk and ensure compliant processes.
- Monitor, interpret and understand the compliance implications of European Indirect Tax legislative and / or reporting changes as applicable.
- Provision of VAT support and training
- Experience of working in a multinational environment with colleagues located around the EMEA region.
- Qualified Chartered Tax Advisor (AITI CTA) and or Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience in an Indirect Tax role.
- Excellent working knowledge of Indirect Tax compliance processes, from data extraction to return submission and experience of implementing any VAT real-time reporting, SAF-T filings in any EU countries a distinct advantage.
- Strong understanding of EU VAT legislation, particularly in a cross-border environment and working knowledge of customs desirable.