Great opportunity for an experienced Import Export Manager to join a well-known international organisation based here in Cork City. Working closely with the General Manager you will play a key role within the operation and lead a team of six. You will be responsible for providing operational expertise to enhance the efficiency and cost effectiveness of the department by establishing and maintaining strong customer relationships, liaising with operations, customers and carriers in order to ensure customer satisfaction and to deliver maximum advantage to the business. Hybrid working options along with a competitive overall package and flexible hours.
Overview of main responsibilities (full job description available on request):
- Ensure proper Import/Export documentation and procedures are maintained in accordance with Customs standards and requirements.
- Responsible for managing and guiding import and export team.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations which arise.
- Interfaces with internal and external customers, foreign order administration, freight forwarders, customs officers and other functional areas to ensure coordination and logistics of shipment.
- Maintain and update inbound/outbound carrier routing guide for the site and distribute routing guide to Purchasing, Shipping and various other departments.
- Notify departments within in the site of any non-compliant issues.
- File claims with the carrier/insurance companies and maintain claims data.
- Participate in regular internal and external audits. Action any resulting findings or issues.
- International and domestic rate quotes per request by site management and prepare rate comparisons between carriers.
- Arrange expedited shipments by request to meet customer needs.
What the ideal candidate looks like:
- Experience in freight supervisory management.
- 3 years + freight experience.
- IATA Hazardous training.
- IAA training and knowledge on the IAA security requirements.
- Customs knowledge.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Michael O’Brien.