Title: HVAC Technician
Reporting to: Mechanical and Electrical Manager
Location: Head Office in Dublin 14 and mobile.
Overall purpose of the job
Oil and gas boiler/ burner maintenance service technician with plumbing experience with the necessary GID gas qualifications with a focus on commercial and industrial boilers The suitable applicant will also need be able to service the boiler house equipment such as heating pumps, Oil pumps Pressure vessels, Colorifiers and their relevant controls small plumbing repairs will also form part of this position. To maintain all technical and non-technical equipment under Group control and ensure that all systems are functioning in an efficient, safe and effective manner across numerous sites.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To carry out planned preventative maintenance on all equipment under Group control Servicing of mechanical, electrical and non-technical equipment
- Liaise with the service desk and respond to all non-technical and technical queries in a timely manner to ensure conformance with the relevant Service Level Agreement
- Assist subcontractors as required
- To be a self-performing technician and continuously strive for self-improvement.
- Ensure any training deemed necessary by the M&E Manager is completed
- Must be willing to take on and familiarise with all relevant site systems as deemed necessary to carryout role
- Ensure service work reports are signed off by client or representative/reports are submitted when necessary
- Assist with all queries regarding quotations and purchasing when requested Maintain and maximize use of CAFM (Computer Aided Facility Management) system
- Maintain an internal ‘Best Practice’ regime and encourage continuous improvements Assist the M&E Manager with churn and projects as required
- When applicable Investigate infrastructure shortfalls and promote remedial actions Provide relevant information to assist with the generation of reports
- Ensure compliance at all times with Health and Safety and legislative requirements associated with Technical Services
- Ensure that all work carried out is in compliance with all current regulations associated with Technical Services
- Ensure that EH & S procedures are adhered to at all times
- Report of any accident, incidents and out of place findings to the client / M&E Manager
- Provide cover to sites for out of hours situations on a rotational basis. Rotation to be determined by Group and is subject to change.
- You may be asked to work overtime to cover out of hours work as determined by the Service Desk / M&E Manager.
- Take on adhoc projects from time to time as deeded necessary by the M&E Manager or representative
- Computer literate
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Customer focused
- Team Player demonstrating flexibility
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable
- Full driving license
Qualifications and Experience
- Refrigeration Craft qualification (FGas) or similar qualification.
- Experience in maintaining and servicing large chillers installations
- Experience in maintaining and servicing large Air Handling plants
- Experience in maintaining and servicing Gas and oil boilers
- Formal training / certification in servicing split a/c, Air handling plants, Gas—Oil burners /boilers (GID Qualifications) Plumbing.
- 5 years post qualified experience.
If interested, please contact Blaithin O’Shea on 01 66 200 88 or email firstname.lastname@example.org