A Global Medical Device Company is recruiting a Human Resources Business Partner in Galway on a Hybrid basis.
The HRBP Designs develops and implements employment and employee relations programs related to Human Resources (HR) functional areas. Advises management and employees on HR policy and program matters, recommending appropriate decisions or courses of action. Serves as employee and management liaison as needed. Participates in special projects. May co-ordinate recruitment strategy for open positions; maintain internal HR systems; conduct training; Support compensation and benefits and manage payroll. Supports organisational development and talent management strategies.
- Business Partnering with Senior Management both onsite and outside of Ireland to ensure HR and Business strategy are achieved.
- Delivering outstanding customer focus by delivering value-add, best-in-class HR support to internal customers.
- Supporting business change initiatives such as organisation redesign and transfer of undertakings.
- Ensuring that corporate and country HR initiatives are incorporated into the business area priorities.
- Devising HR initiatives to support the development of people management practices and increase Employee Engagement in the primary supported site Abbott Rapid Diagnostics Division. Galway
- Supporting the annual HR cyclical process as required.
- Leading HR-related initiatives such as driving a high-performance culture/organisation, optimising employee engagement, Employee relations, employee diversity, and inclusion initiatives, talent development, and succession planning.
- Collaborating with Ireland, Division, and Corporate colleagues to achieve HR and Business strategy.
- Assisting with the preparation of HR metrics and analytics and monthly payroll processing for relevant legal entities.
- Administrating payroll and benefits for the site on a monthly basis.
- Managing and administering company Healthcare and Pension plans serving as a liaison between providers and employees when necessary.
- Responsible for all HR systems and HRIS systems support. Optimise the functionality of Workday (HRIS system) and ensure all leaders and team members are fully trained to utilise the system to its full potential.
- Development and delivery of company induction process and orientation for new hires.
- Providing ongoing guidance and support to managers and employees on employee relations and employee welfare concerns. Taking a proactive role in ensuring employee welfare concerns are addressed.
- Lead and participate in various teams to help improve the employee experience.
- Human Resource administration and maintenance of records and systems as required.
- Generation of weekly and monthly reports and key performance indicators as required.
- Responsible for supporting applicable Quality Management System (QMS) processes
- Any other duties as assigned by the HR team.
- National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) Level 7 qualification in a relevant discipline and minimum 5+ years of related HR Generalist / HR Business Partner work experience in a multinational company in a related industry, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Solid understanding and application of business concepts, HR procedures, and practices.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Has a sound knowledge of a variety of alternatives and their impact on their business unit.
- Establishes and cultivates an extensive network of support to facilitate the completion of assignments. Participates in the development of less experienced staff or partnering with people leaders by setting an example, providing guidance, and offering counsel in technical elements of HR.
- Leads or Subject Matter Expert in the project team. Participates in determining goals and objectives for projects. Influences people leaders on technical or business solutions.
- Effective communicator, excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to achieve results through influencing others.
- Excellent administration and organisation skills, with experience using MS Office programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- High level of initiative, and enthusiasm.
- Ability to work as part of a dynamic team within a matrix organisation.
- Knowledge of one or more HRIS systems, and Workday experience is a distinct advantage.
- Flexibility to travel within Ireland
- Fluency in English, both oral and written.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Deirdre Moran.