Human Resource Generalist - Galway - Permanent
The HR Generalist will provide a wide range of HR support services to the business and will be the first point of contact for all operational HR queries from the business. This role is an on-site role and will report to the Group HR Manager and there will be full support and advice available for dealing with more complex HR issues or queries.
- Responsible for recruitment process - screening CVs, liaising with candidates, and hiring managers, Interview scheduling, interviewing, pre-employment queries, reference checks, preparing offer letters, processing hires and assisting with on-boarding activities.
- Provide support to all new starters, acting as a point of contact for HR-related queries such as contracts, prepare letters for employee’s requests e.g., Bank, Employment Confirmation, visas, permits/ leave, payroll, etc. (end to end recruitment)
- Lead Training and Development Compliance and support data analytics/metric improvement initiatives.
- Develop and update HR Policies and Procedures as necessary, ensuring compliance with relevant statutory legislation and industry best practice.
- Guide and support all level of staff members with employee relations, recruitment, inductions, grievances, performance management etc.
- Communication: Co-ordinate company-wide communication and ensure branding is consistent with Group
- Maintain HR analytical tools, reporting and dashboards. This includes maintenance of data to support analytics need and ensuring accuracy and consistency of key data sets, reports, and Metrics.
- Perform regular audits to ensure data and system integrity.
- Follow all environmental, health & safety rules and procedures and participate in safely and environmental activities to improve the workplace for all employees.
- Preparation of HR Reports, analytics & KPIs, maintain workforce measures and metrics to ensure visibility and accountability
- Coordinating and delivery of induction program to all new employees through Training Portal
- Ensure all employee records are up to date, accurate and in line with GDPR and HR Data Retention Policy
- Employee Relations: Support workplace investigations and provide advice on disciplinary procedures to ensure that Managers are coached in dealing with staff issues. Also assist employees who may have queries re the process
- Provide advice and support to all managers in relation to company policies and procedures.
- Maintain and help develop the TMS Time attendance system Alkimii
- To create an environment which promotes employee morale and encourages the team to have pride in their workplace
- Lead and Drive the Sports and Social committee
- Assist the Group HR Manager with ad-hoc HR projects
- Work closely with all relevant parties on employee engagement and wellbeing
- 3rd Level degree + CIPD qualification
- Ability to display complete professionalism and discretion at all times
- Strong working knowledge of HR policies, practices, and employment law
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an engaging level of confidence & enthusiasm
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a HR role which includes recruitment experience in a hospitality sector would be beneficial
- A good work ethic and a positive, can-do attitude in your approach to work
- Excellent computer skills and IT literacy – MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, et
- Good understanding of employment law, natural justice, and appreciation of fairness
- Good understanding of employee engagement, motivation, and leadership
- Ability to multi-task and work on own initiative
- Good administration skills coupled with strong capacity to plan and organise effectively
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Deirdre Moran.