HR Coordinator required on a 6-month Temporary Contract in Galway
The HR Coordinator is responsible for administering and managing payroll, benefits, HRIS (e.g. workday), and supporting projects across the HR function. This is a highly administrative role supporting HR, employees and Managers across the site.
- Execute the payroll process: Administer and manage payroll for the site on a monthly basis to ensure deadlines, queries and approvals are achieved and payroll is Sarbanes Oxley compliant.
- Managing and administering company Healthcare and Pension plans serving as a liaison between providers and employees when necessary.
- Managing and administering benefits (e.g. VHI, pension, maternity leave, parents leave, education policy, etc)
- Supporting business change initiatives such as implementing and administering time and attendance systems and other projects assigned.
- Ensuring that corporate and country HR initiatives are incorporated into the business area priorities.
- Supporting the annual HR cyclical process as required (e.g. merit process).
- Preparation and generation of daily, weekly, and monthly reports and key performance Indicators as required.
- Process Purchase Order Requisitions and submit invoices for payment as required.
- Maintain employee records manually or in a human resources information system (HRIS) so that information is accurate and secure. Data managed may include personal information, job history, retirement, and insurance documentation, leave accrual records, and details of illness, absences, transfers, and salary progression.
- Responsible for supporting all HR and HRIS systems and ensuring the accuracy of all data on workday.
- Support organisation and delivery of company induction process and orientation for new hires.
- Responsible for supporting applicable Quality Management System (QMS) processes
- Event Management: Arrange logistical aspects of conferences, hotel reservations, travel, catering and conference documentation, company/corporate events, and entertainment if required.
- Respond to inquiries from employees, managers, and external agencies (such as government departments or insurers) about individual and organization-wide human resource information, without compromising the organization's standards of privacy and confidentiality.
- Any other duties as assigned by the HR team.
- National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) level 7 qualification in a relevant discipline.
- Minimum 3+ years of related HR Generalist work experience in a multinational company in a related industry, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Solid understanding and application of payroll and benefits administration, HR procedures, and practices.
- Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Has a sound knowledge of a variety of alternatives and their impact on their business unit.
- Effective communicator, with excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to achieve results through influencing others.
- Excellent administration and organisation skills, with experience using MS Office programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Confidential and has the ability to command the respect and trust of the broader organisation.
- High level of initiative, and enthusiasm.
- Ability to work as part of a dynamic team within a matrix organisation.
- Knowledge of one or more HRIS systems, Workday experience is a distinct advantage.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Deirdre Moran.