Our client, based in Letterkenny, Co. Donegal require a HR Officer to join their team for this newly created role in their expanding team. A hybrid working model (40% remote) is optional for this role.
Management of the HR and Health and Safety Functions
- Develop and implement HR and Health and Safety initiatives aligned with the overall company strategy and ensure all Staff are clear on the policies and practice guidelines relevant to their work, ensuring overall company compliance with employment law and legislation.
- Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation and retention of Staff
- Manage recruitment and selection processes and deliver induction programmes for Staff recruited
- Provide HR supports on advice, reviews, grievances or other issues as they arise
- Oversee a Performance Appraisal System that drives high performance
- Management and oversight of Staff Time Management Systems
- Management and filing of personnel records for all Staff
- Support line managers in assessing training needs and rolling out both company-wide and specific training programs
- Report to management and provide decision support through HR metrics
Provision of HR support to Staff
- Ensure that all team members are clear about the appropriate policies and practice guidelines relevant to the work. Staff are provided with relevant directives and recommendations from the CEO and the Board of Management.
- Bridge management and employee relations in conjunction with the Head of Operations by nurturing a positive working environment by providing supports, addressing concerns, grievances or other issues as they arise
- Provide support to Staff to plan, manage and monitor activity in accordance with work plans.
Strategic Planning and Implementation
- Provide advice for HR and associated projects, ensuring best practice of all HR activities and making sure that all actions accord with the relevant annual plans.
- To act in an advisory capacity as subject matter expertise on all HR issues to Head of Operations and CEO.
Report Writing, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Work with the Staff and the CEO to ensure that appropriate monitoring and evaluation mechanisms are in place in order to gauge the effectiveness of the work of the dept. and team.
- Organise and facilitate records and minutes from relevant Staff and Company meetings
- Preparing reports as directed by Line Manager e.g. annual leave/sick leave reports, GDPR update etc.
- Ensure that documentation and files are maintained for the use of the Finance and Administration and for inspection by the Company Auditors and other relevant monitoring bodies.
Involvement in other Programs
- Work as part of a team and ensure the integration and co-ordination of the work into the other programmes, initiatives and Staff.
- Support Departments, Programmes and Working Groups in application processes for future funding opportunities.
Experience and Education:
- A relevant third level qualification in relation to Human Resources
- Proven experience working in a HR function with strong HR Administration skills
- The ability to build a rapport and establish positive relationships with others
- You will have experience in producing timely and relevant reports.
- A good working knowledge of HR related software and IT packages
- You must hold a clean, current driving license.
- A recognised qualification in Health and Safety is desirable
Closing Date for Applications is Friday 21st January 2022.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the HR Officer role, please contact Aideen Cummins.