Our client, a global operations manufacturing company has a requirement for an experienced HR Director to lead their HR team.
What are the unique selling points of this opportunity? "We are very proud of the culture we have built over a 40+ year period. There is a real family feel to the working environment but it is also a constantly changing environment where continuous improvement is at the forefront of our values".
In this role, you will sit on the Site Leadership Team and manage a high-performing team of 3 direct reports. Great scope for significant strategic input. Positive relationship with unions in place but union experience is preferred. Very attractive overall package on offer.
Overview of Responsibilities (full job spec available on request):
- Represent HR on the Senior Leadership Team member with responsibility for the Waterford and UK sites
- Manage, develop, implement and maintain key HR processes ensuring that they are aligned to the business strategy and deliver key competitive advantage to the business
- Lead and develop the HR Team and oversee the delivery of HR services
- Business partner to the Senior Leadership Team
- Lead the site Talent Management process
- Foster, maintain, and further develop a positive working environment through innovative ideas and thinking
- Manage Industrial Relations processes with in-house trade unions and staff
- Cultivate networks with peers, Global HR and local companies to ensure using best practice and objectives are met
- Oversee and manage the performance appraisal system to drive high performance
What the ideal candidate looks like:
- CIPD qualified with 7+ years HR experience
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar senior level position, ideally within a manufacturing environment
- Proven experience in people management, industrial relations and HR best practices
What you will get in return:
- Competitive Senior Level Salary
- 25% Performance Related Bonus
- Car Allowance
- Health Insurance (employee and family full-cover)
- Pension Contribution
- Death-in-service benefit
- Income continuance benefit
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Michael O’Brien.