We have a great opportunity for an experienced HR Manager to join a highly successful Irish-owned retail operation with outlets in both Cork and Killarney. In this varied role, you will be responsible for the day-to-day HR operations of both sites (approx. 200 employees). The ideal candidate will be CIPD qualified and have HR Managerial experience in a fast-paced environment, ideally within retail. Reporting to the MD this will be a highly visible role where you will work closely with the senior management team. Positive work environment, along with an attractive package on offer.
If you are a confident, customer-orientated HR professional that enjoys working as part of a team in a fast-paced environment this job would be perfect for you. Travel will be required between both locations on a weekly basis.
Overview of main responsibilities:
- You will be the first point of contact for all HR-related queries and provide support to the Senior Retail Team in processes including the complete life cycle of employees, such as recruitment, grievances, disciplinary, contract queries and onboarding new starters.
- Implement group-wide HR initiatives in the store and update any relevant HR documentation as required.
- Manage and maintain all HR policies and promote consistency and fairness throughout each location.
- Assisting with staff investigations, disciplinary and grievance meetings and ensure all paperwork is documented.
- Ensure company policies are updated with relevant legislative changes including disciplinary, maternity leave, parental leave etc.
- Time and Attendance experience, (Timepoint) clock-in systems and payroll experience preferred.
- Work closely with the Managing Directors and senior management teams relating to HR-wide initiatives including engagement, training and development, salary review and bonus processes.
What the ideal candidate looks like:
- Notable HR Manager level experience and a proven track record in retail or some customer facing HR environment.
- Relevant HR Qualifications such as a related Degree or CIPD Qualification
- Have a proficient background in MS Office tools (MS Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel & Word)
- Excellent communication skills and detail orientated
- High level of understanding of employment law, recruitment, appraisals, and staff training
- Payroll, roster and holiday planning experience is desirable
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Michael O’Brien.