Video for this job
Ireland lead HR MANAGER -(Midlands)
Reporting to Corporate and Ireland management team you will be responsible for the day to day administration and effective management of all HR function for the 2 Ireland sites, including implementing policies and programs and covering payroll, recruiting and onboarding, performance management, compensation and benefits, training and organizational development, employee relations, and Workers Compensation.
You will manage work on problems of diverse and sometimes complex scope across multiple sites in Ireland, within a matrix environment. Whilst you will play an operational role you will also drive corporate strategy and create & devise Hr strategies for the Ireland sites. Diverse /broad role and scope of responsilibilities range from HR Strategy, Corporate relationships to liasing with local management and hands on in day to day operations.
- Identifies legal requirements/government reporting regulations affecting HR functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Assists in the development/implementation of Corporate and local HR policies and procedures.
- Ensures accurate capture and delivery of payroll using external payroll agency for the sites.
- Successfully manages the recruitment process for the business ensuring the highest caliber of colleagues are recruited by liaising effectively with line managers and determining their needs, while also partnering with the Talent Acquisition team. Works with management team to identify training needs/resources
- Provide input to the evaluation of people practices and policies on employee morale including the employee engagement survey and their impact on meeting the organization’s objectives.
- Develop a value enhancing culture throughout the business that is team based and customer focused as well as managing employee relations issues that arise effectively and efficiently.
- Implement consistent and defensible process for fairly dealing with disciplinary issues in order to protect Company interest.
- Coaches managers and supervisors regarding employee relations issues. Implement consistent and defensible process for fairly dealing with disciplinary issues in order to protect the Company interest. Investigates concerns, evaluate/offer possible resolution, provide work related advice, guidance and direction to resolve employee grievances/complaints.
- Assists in the development of employees programs to ensure fair and equitable treatment of employees. Monitors employee separation notices, related documentation and exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Prepares records/statistics, handles highly confidential material. Maintains the integrity of all data/spreadsheets.
- Maintains accuracy and completeness of all general HR administration, including personnel files and training records. Streamlines all clerical/administrative related HR processes.
- Monitors the overall administration of employee benefits to ensure effectiveness that is responsive to employee questions.
- Coordinate all benefits programs including life, health, dental and disability insurances, pension plans, paid time off, leaves of absence and employee assistance.
- Responsible for training record compliancy and management.
- Partners with Compensation & Benefits department to conduct wage surveys within the labor market and analyzes wage and salary reports/data to determine a competitive compensation plan.
- Monitors company’s safety procedures/policies at all times.
- Communicate and liaise with Managers and Supervisors on effective management of the performance management and appraisal systems.
- Takes part into global projects
Education And/Or Experience
- Experienced HR professional (ideally CIPD qualified) with minimum 4+ years’ experience operating at a Business Partner or Manager level fast paced manufacturing/medical device environment.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Solid knowledge of Irish employment law and associated best practices
- Demonstrated ability to work with senior management team and drive change in procedures and policies where required
- Knowledge of HRIS databases (Oracle 12)and ADP payroll would be helpful
- A proven track record of disciplined action and execution in HR roles with demonstrated skills and proficiency in the following areas: ability to persuade and influence effectively at multiple levels of an organization, strong teamwork and proven skills communicating effectively.
- The ability to manage relationships through understanding of environment and needs is also expected in these HR roles.
- Experience working with Leadership Team members and employees working from a variety of locations.
- Experience should ideally be in a matrixed organisation, and multiple sites, dealing with high volume, complex, cross-functional business demands (experience working in a Shared Services environment is desirable).
Fluency in the English language: Ability to read, analyze and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, groups and individuals
- Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to handle and resolve ambiguous, confidential and sensitive situations and issues of a complex nature.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and consulting skills. Ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organization
- Based in Westmeath, some travel is required for projects/duties to be completed at other company sites including Dublin (20%), and some international sites as required.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Mary Mullin on 09064 78104 and email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!