- Reference: AJ 46469
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Cavan, Fermanagh, Monaghan
- Category: HR & Training
HR Generalist|Based in Cavan Town| Initially a 6 month contract|
Leadership and Accountability
- Provide leadership within the in relation to Human Resource function
- Ensure implementation of HR policies, procedure and best practice across the hospital
- Advise the Human Resources Manager of developments within the human resource function of the Hospital and perform such additional duties are may be assigned to him / her from time to time as appropriate.
- Promote a safe working environment in accordance with Health and Safety legislation
- Provide support to line management in the implementation of change
- Provide line management to assigned staff.
- Ensure staff personnel records are maintained to include relevant data for legal, HR and financial purposes.
- Play a key role in assisting in the recruitment selection of staff for each Department in collaboration with HBS Recruit and local recruitment initiatives
- Assist Line Managers in maintaining a staff development and feedback system, which will include personal professional development as applicable.
- Advise and support Managers on systems for dealing with staff grievances, handling disciplinary matters or negotiating on conditions of employment as set out in HR policies, practice and procedures.
Recruitment, Staffing and Workforce Planning
- Ensure HR recruitment policies and procedures are implemented in an efficient manner.
- Lead out on the development of a workforce plan.
- Ensure the appropriate management of employment contracts for all employees in conjunction with recruitment services.
- Working with Line Managers and the Finance Manager to assist in the appropriate management of pay bill monitoring and employment control in line with the Paybill Management and Control Framework.
- Support service managers to identify the training needs of staff to meet the needs.
- Facilitate the management of staff training records.
- Assist with the development of the learning and development prospectus for staff.
- Significant experience of working in a Human Resources role
- Access to appropriate transport is necessary to fulfil the requirements of the role as post may involve travel.
- Knowledge of Employment Legislation as it relates to the role
- Knowledge of relevant HR policies and procedures.
- A working knowledge of a performance management system and how it operates.
- Excellent MS Office skills to include, Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Knowledge and experience of using an email system effectively e.g. Outlook, Lotus Notes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to deal effectively with a wide range of stakeholders.
- The ability to successfully manage a range of different projects and work activities concurrently, utilising computer technology effectively and assigning work to others as appropriate to meet strict deadlines
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Experience in analysing HR metrics and data and utilising same for decision making
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a dynamic team and multi stakeholder environment
- The ability to lead the team by example, coaching and supporting individuals as required.
- Flexibility, adaptability and openness to working effectively in a changing environment
- Experience of implementing quality improvement HR related strategies
- A health or social care setting- desirable.
For Further Information on this role, please contact Nicola Egan on 09064 78104 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services, and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website at www.collinsmcnicholas.ie