Our client, a well-known, Cork-based indigenous organisation are looking to add a HR Business Partner to their team on a part-time basis (20 hours per week). In this newly created role, you will get plenty of opportunities to grow and nurture your HR career. You will work closely with the company's senior management team and will have a key role in the company’s future planning and decision-making. People first is one of the company's values and its people are at the heart of what they do. Therefore, it is essential that you are energised by developing people, discovering talent and helping the business to move forward by improving employee experience. Attractive package on offer along with great flexibility in terms of working hours.
Interviews to take place promptly so please get in touch for more details.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Delivering a full range of HR services in the areas of talent management, employee engagement, compensation & benefits, employee relations and Learning & Development.
- Recruitment and Onboarding – advertising, interviewing, and onboarding new hires. Proactively building a pipeline of potential new talent.
- Building effective relationships within the business to promote good employee relations and a positive working culture;
- Management Development –planning, designing and delivering coaching and training to support managers with talent management, culture and team succession planning;
- Communications, Retention and Engagement – helping improve team communications and monitor and measure engagement levels. Suggest and implement new initiatives and projects which will improve retention;
- Act as subject matter expert- coaching managers in managing HR and ER matters in line with legislation and best practice;
- Employee Relations – Act as a key point of contact in providing advice to managers at all levels on a broad range of HR/ER matters including but not limited to discipline and dismissal; grievance, absence management, performance management, sickness absence and policies;
- Employment Legislation – keeping up to date with changes and liaise with third parties on legal matters;
- HR Compliance -Handbooks, Policies and Contracts – auditing and updating as necessary.
What the ideal candidate looks like:
- 3-5 years experience in a previous HR role;
- HR or Business Degree Qualification;
- Membership of the CIPD is desirable;
- Solid knowledge of Irish employment legislation and best practice;
- Strong, effective communication skills with the ability to partner, coach and challenge at all levels in the business;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Excellent negotiating and influencing skills;
- Confident and assertive with a positive can-do attitude;
- Proactive and self-motivated;
- Discreet, honest and trustworthy;
- Versatile and flexible approach.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Michael O’Brien.