As HR Business Partner with our client, in the West of Galway, you will ensure that effective systems and processes deliver people management strategies that support the overall business strategic aims and objectives. In this role, the HR Business Partner will share knowledge and expertise to ensure that our client deliver best in class HR programs and initiatives for their site in Galway.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supporting the HR function to implement employee engagement programs and HR Initiatives that drive the site HR strategy.
- Building strong relationships and providing expert advice to people managers across learning and development, succession planning, talent management, talent acquisition, employment law compliance, employee relations, employee engagement and change management.
- Ensuring a robust service delivery at all stages of employees' life cycle including Talent Attraction, Onboarding, Diversity and Inclusion, Talent Management, Employee Wellbeing, Communication and Change Management
- Lead the site Performance Management Process ensuring target dates are complied with.
- Conduct and manage investigation of complaints and concerns that could result in legal ramifications; assess the severity, involve appropriate individuals and facilitate appropriate action based on policy and practice.
- Adhering to all applicable legal requirements, including procedures such as employee relations and site disciplinary processes.
- Provide guidance and direction to people managers to ensure consistent, equal and fair treatment of all employees. Consult with managers to ensure the consistent application of and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Working closely with people managers and HR support to ensure appropriate employee documentation is maintained and in compliance with internal and external policies and regulations.
- Develop an engaging culture where everyone lives our Values at all times & is encouraged to give feedback & recognise others, share learnings & innovate.
- Oversee the management and co-ordination of Health & Wellbeing Program and employee recognition award schemes
- Manage, coach and mentor other HR professionals.
- Adhere to Plant Safety requirements and Health & Safety requirements relating to your work, assuming responsibility for those aspects of the OH&S System over which you have control to ensure the health and safety of yourself and others.
- To take on other duties which the Company may assign you from time to time. These ‘other duties’ will be agreed with Management prior to any assignment.
Key Skills & Experience
- Degree in Business Management/Human Resource Management or equivalent (Level 8).
- 5 years relevant experience in a HR Generalist role ideally in a production / manufacturing environment
- Extensive knowledge of employment legislation and best practice developments in HR.
- Proven track record of achievement with experience of leading cross-functional, HR initiatives and company-wide projects.
- Proven team player with the ability to build trusting relationships and contribute to the HR vision and values.
- Positive, can-do attitude, displaying a high level of enthusiasm, commitment & motivation.
- Solution oriented with solid attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills.
- Experience with Workday and Time Management Systems an advantage.
For more information on the role and a confidential discussion please contact Christopher O Toole
091 706 713