Human Resource Officer - Onsite in Galway is required to support the HR team and provide a comprehensive HR administration service in an efficient, professional and effective manner, coordinate the training function, respond to HR issues and ensure all documentation is accurate.
- Provide general administrative support across all key areas of the HR function, recruitment & selection; training & development; supporting our teams, and volunteering.
- Assist in all aspects of the recruitment process – advertise roles, arrange interviews, reference checking, garda vetting, communication with successful/unsuccessful candidates.
- Support the on-boarding process – drafting contracts, collating new starter information, liaising with payroll, setting up personnel files, conducting induction training.
- Coordinate probationary review meetings and ensure all relevant documentation is completed.
- Co-ordinate and report monthly on contract renewals.
- Maintain accurate filing systems for all HR documentation
- Provide day to day support to Line Managers and Employees on general HR related queries
- Coordinate all benefit programmes to include, bike to work scheme, joining pension scheme and staff recognition programme.
- Conduct exit interviews.
- Assist with administration in investigation process, where required.
- Assist in all HR related projects
- Manage and coordinate the HR System, TMS and generating reports from the system, (contract renewals, time and attendance, annual leave, probation etc).
- Maintain all employee data on the HR system, ensure information accurately reflects employee contracts, change of details, annual leave absence and other leave
- Provide training to new employees on using the TMS system.
- Coordinate and manage all aspects of mandatory training i.e. Manual Handling, Fire Training, First Aid and Medication Training liaise with relevant line managers and follow up with employees to ensure attendance
- Follow up with employees to ensure timely completion of online training e.g. Children’s First and GDPR.
- Report monthly on completion of all training programmes.
- Maintain the training administration system with course attendance information and individual training records
- Establish and maintain a database of trainers used by the organisation
- Liaise with and support trainers/presenters when working onsite and/or other locations.
- To undertake any other such duties appropriate to the role
- Third-level degree HR/Training & Development related discipline or sufficient evidence of qualifications relevant to the role.
- Minimum 1-2 years’ post qualification experience in a busy, fast-paced HR function environment, ideally at administration level or working in a busy environment with various stakeholders and interdependencies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong time management skills, planning, organising and prioritising workload, multi-tasking, ability to take ownership of tasks, problem-solving, and work to deadlines.
- High level of proficiency in IT, to include MS Office, (Word, Excel spreadsheets and Powerpoint).
- Self-motivated; ability to work on own initiative, proactive and approachable.
- Generalist experience in key areas of Human Resources, specifically Recruitment and Training & Development.
- Experience of working on databases, e.g. HRIS, Time Management system, and generating reports from the same
- Full clean driving license and access to own car
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Deirdre Moran.