Human Resource Administrator required in Galway City - Hybrid - Contract
The role will provide support and working with the Regional HR Delivery Manager – West.
- Work with the Regional HR Delivery Manager in the provision of a leading edge HR service to business units/teams in the Western region.
- Advise staff on all aspects of their employment relationship including terms and conditions of service, pension and welfare schemes, welfare scheme provisions including ill health retirement, voluntary redundancy and any other queries that may arise.
- Responsible for the maintenance of accurate, up-to-date staff files (manual and computerised) including information pertaining to recruitment, training, promotions, retirements, award scheme, travel facilities, etc.
- Support the management of absenteeism utilising Attendance Management Dashboard to identify issues and follow up as appropriate with management and progress as required for staff members within the region.
- Collaboration with the Chief Medical Officer and arrangement of appointments as necessary.
- Support the Regional HR Manager in embedding performance management within the region
- Liaise with Head of Training as required to ensure all mandatory training is completed for staff within the region. Support the Regional HR Manager in the delivery of development training identified as required.
- Promote GEM and Bright Ideas Staff Schemes within region and work with Regional HR in the promotion of incentive schemes.
- Promote the completion of the annual staff survey across all staffgroups in the region.
- Liaise with the HR department in Dublin on any relevant matters
- Travel within the region to support the HR function may be required.
- Any other duties as required.
- Preferably with a 3 rd level HR or relevant qualification and at least 2 years experience in HR or directly related area.
- Good Knowledge of employment law.
- Understanding of the full range of personnel policies and procedures and employment terms and conditions.
- Strong administrative skills including good IT proficiency (Microsoft Office, HR Data Systems)
- Communication and Interpersonal skills – written and verbal.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Deirdre Moran.