- Reference: CJ46025
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Cork, Cork City, Munster
- Category: Hotel & Catering
- Operate to a 5 Star standard within the hotel.
- Leadership, Management and Coordination of the Heads of Departments.
- Deliver and exceed guest expectation.
- Maximise profitability and attain budgeted targets on Revenue/Payroll/Cost of Sales.
Operate and Manage
- Operate – Be responsible for the day to day management of the hotel.
- Plan – ensure all staff are briefed and have prepared in advance to meet the operational requirements and exceed the guest expectations.
- Standards – Ensures that Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are set and implemented within all departments.
- Customer Service – Ensure a consistent management and staff presence throughout the hotel during key times. Enhance the customer experience by providing a level of personal commitment to all customers.
- Control – monitor financial performance to ensure delivery of budgeted targets.
- Coordinate the response to all serious incidents and accidents.
Compliance and Legal Obligations
- Ensure that the hotel satisfy all regulatory and statutory requirements such as Licensing, Food Hygiene, Fire Safety etc.
- Ensure that the Hotel activities are conducted in accordance with the Health & Safety statement and in compliance with the duties and responsibilities of the General Manager outlined within the statement.
- Ensuring all staff are adequately trained and comply with all regulatory and statutory requirements.
Team Management, Leadership and Organisation
- Provide Leadership and Management to the Hotel Management team (HoDs) in order to influence the delivery of a positive culture and engagement within the work force.
- Train, develop and mentor the Hotel Management Team in particular in relation to Customer Service, Financial reporting, Hotel operating systems (Micros. Opera, Clockwise etc.) and SOPs.
- Communication – Utilise all available communication methods to ensure there is clarity of purpose, unity and cohesion with the hotel management team.
- Performance Management – Provide effective and appropriate daily informal feedback to the management team on their performance and monitor, report and manage their performance formally in accordance with the appraisal process.
- Report and Communicate to the Executive team on all areas of responsibility.
- Alignment – in cooperation with the Executive team ensure the business plan for the Hotel is aligned with the budget and capital expenditure plans.
- All other duties and responsibilities necessary to ensure the smooth effective management of the hotel.
- 5 years previous experience as an Operational Manager, Deputy General Manager in a four or five star hotel is essential.
- A strong understanding of budgets, forecasting, GP’s and KPI’s is essential.
- Strong operations experience in F&B, C&B, and Rooms Division is essential.
- Higher Level Diploma in Hospitality and Hotel Management
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Susan on 021 4911065 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!