- Reference: GY47263
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: International
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
Key Outcomes Required:
To perform mechanical service and repair work assigned in the field and to satisfy customers by performing work to a high level of quality in an efficient manner
To carry out and/or oversee repairs to other vehicles or equipment in the field as directed by the Manager.
1. Health and Safety
Promote and maintain TransDiesel’s commitment to continually improve its performance in health and safety management in a positive manner.
1.2 Comply with Company’s vision of eliminating accidents and unsafe practices and report any unsafe conditions or activities, dangerous occurrences or injury in the workplace
2.1 To test drive, diagnose, maintain and repair all equipment in a professional and efficient way, either in the workshop or in the field as required.
2.2 Maintain continuing good relationships with customers and potential customers within the Region.
2.3 Actively work to ensure excellent daily communication with the workshop and parts department to ensure an efficient and effective service to customers in the designated area.
2.4 To work on a rostered emergency breakdown call out service.
2.5 Tag all warranty parts with the correct information.
2.6 To keep the work environment clean and safe, this includes the service vehicle and when applicable any TransDiesel workshop.
2.7 Ensure any workshop tools and equipment is returned in good condition and to the appropriate place.
2.8 To supervise and assist unqualified people and trainee technicians when/if required.
3. Customer Service
3.1 Ensure that all or any complaints received from the market are acted upon promptly and are referred through the correct channels for action.
3.2 Advise the Manager and/or customer if equipment requires more repair work than estimated.
3.3 Clean, label and submit warranty parts for storage.
4.1 Complete all paper work as directed.
4.2 Ensure time cards are completed daily showing the correct job number
4.3 Record stocks, oils and other material used against a job number.
5.1 Undertake and carry out any other duties or tasks as requested by the Manager for which you are trained or instructed or for which training will be given.
5.2 This job description is not complete as it stands but acts as a guide to the overall Heavy Diesel Mechanic role.
Key Skills & Attributes
• Qualified as a Heavy Diesel Mechanic
• Experience working with any of the following: Detroit, Allison, Perkins, Terex, Volvo, Yanmar, Sennebogen.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Display a positive and enthusiastic attitude
• A team player and prepared to take on extra duties and responsibilities as required.
• Show initiative, follow instructions accurately and seek assistance as required.
• Be precise and correct in approach to tasks, with an eye for detail.
• Able to work independently and can work co-operatively with others
• Flexibility around individual tasks and jobs
• Follows instructions accurately and can use initiative.
• Can analyse problems and seek assistance as required.
• Ability to work to and meet deadlines
• Able to work flexible hours as required, with availability to work on Saturday as and when required.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Edyta Fleming on 091706721 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie