Health & Safety Specialist – Permanent – West Galway
Medical Device organisation seeking an experienced H&S professional who will be reporting to the Quality & EHS Manager, you will have responsibility for the day to day operation of the EHS system.
- Developing and administering occupational safety and health management systems
- Developing and maintaining policies and procedures that will reduce risks and promote awareness.
- Implement a system for hazard identification & implementation of improvements.
- Completion and review of risk assessments.
- Developing and maintaining EHS procedures.
- Serve as subject matter expert on EHS matters in a manufacturing environment.
- Implement a site-specific EHS strategy and initiate policies, programs, and initiatives to ensure EHS compliance and achieve EHS goals.
- Responsible for providing support to the Site Management teams and employees.
- Promote and support a “positive” site safety culture.
- Coordinate internal compliance and system audit.
- Ensure all accidents, incidents and near misses are reported, investigated and documented in a timely manner.
- Coordinate safety meetings, training, and evacuation drills.
- Implementation of the ISO 45001 standard.
Skills, Experience & Qualification Needed
- Bachelor’s Degree EHS, Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Engineering, Science or other EHS field. (Must be a Level 8)
- Previous experience of Health & Safety Systems ISO 18001/45001 standards an advantage.
- Knowledge of Environment Management system ISO 14001 standard would be an advantage.
- Minimum Experience: 3-5 years’ experience in a manufacturing, medical device or similar environment.
- Attention to detail, well-organized, and structured approach investigations & problem-solving.
- Can work independently, as well as with a team.
- Ability to lead, motivate, and positively influence others.
- Healthcare (defined contribution)
- Pension Scheme
- Annual leave 21 days
- 1 pm finish every Friday
If you wish to discuss further, please get in touch for a confidential discussion
091 706 718