Video for this job
We have a requirement for a Health and Safety Officer in a large Manufacturing Facility in Dublin West.
Purpose of role:
- The role involves the implementation and maintenance of comprehensive H&S programs which ensure compliance with internal and external H&S requirements.
- Maintain Health & Safety standards in accordance with statutory obligations as well as policies, standards and objectives.
- Responsibility for the OHSAS 18001 Health and Safety Management System as well as coordination of internal and external audits.
- Create and maintain systems to ensure that safety issues are identified and eliminated at the earliest opportunity.
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders in the technical community and third parties.
- Preparing and updating all safety documentation including the safety policy, standard operating procedures and any other documents as required.
- Ensuring the objectives outlined in the company safety policy are achieved and maintained.
- Attend daily operational meetings and facilitate the H&S updates.
- Prepare for and deliver the weekly H&S review meeting.
- Ensuring that all departmental managers are aware of their obligations in delivering Health & Safety standards for all those under their control.
- Interpreting Irish and European Health and Safety legislation and advising the company and all levels of the workforce accordingly.
- Maintaining a strong relationship with the Health & Safety Authority.
- Maintaining the approval system for the use of chemicals on site.
- Proactively reviewing and advising on the work practices of the employees and the contractors employed on site.
- Carrying out safety audits and facilitating risk assessments.
- Arranging audits by external safety consultants and other key specialist safety services.
- Provision of safety expertise and advice for all project work on site.
- Managing and delivering the annual safety training programme.
- Consulting and advising on safety training for personnel at all levels in the brewery. This includes the preparation of and delivery of safety presentations and training.
- Designing, reviewing and updating safe systems of work to ensure compliance with codes of practice, technological developments and best practice.
- Complete audits of activities/works operating under safe system of works.
- Reviewing the suite of permits that are included within the sites safe system of work.
- Preparing and circulating monthly reports, analysing key safety indicators in order to provide information on accident trends, injury types etc.
- Setting out remedial actions to address adverse safety performance.
- Provision of specialist advice and assistance with employer’s liability claims.
- Ensuring that all personnel on site receive the broader site induction as well as the more detailed departmental inductions as appropriate.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Third level Qualification in Occupational Health and Safety (Degree level).
- 5 years + proven experience in a high volume, customer focussed manufacturing environment.
- Experience advising management team on H&S strategy.
- Ability to manage change as directed by the company or legislation.
- An excellent communicator and influencer, with robust team-working and networking skills.
- Proven track record of continuous improvement.
- Understand engineering drawings and sketches so that advice can be offered at the design stage of proposed work and the purchase of new equipment
- Solves problems rationally and logically to generate commercially viable solutions.
- Working knowledge of all the common software packages in use so that reports, presentation material and various communication documents can be produced and maintained.
- Ability to understand the workings of a vast range of equipment from plant machinery to hi-tech analytical equipment in order to assess the risks involved
Interested? Please give Blaithin O’Shea a call on 01 66 200 88 or email firstname.lastname@example.org