- Reference: GJ47078 j
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Galway, Galway City
- Category: Health & safety
Health, Safety and Environmental Officer required with 5 years plus experience in a manufacturing environment, medical device would be an advantage. Co. Galway
- Developing and maintaining HSE procedures.
- Conduct HSE audits to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented.
- Identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices. Ensure any high-risk activities are controlled by a suitable safe system of work.
- Completion and review of risk assessments.
- Ensure that first aid and PPE equipment is available when and where required.
- Co-ordinate and document all H&S related training. Conduct all HSE induction training.
- Ensure all accidents, incidents and near misses are recorded and reported in a timely manner and all investigations are completed in a timely manner.
- Ensure that staff have all the relevant manuals and training certifications.
- Review sub-contractors’ safety statements and safety compliance.
- Updating and maintaining the H&S visual management board.
- Maintain an up-to-date list of hazardous substances stored on site.
- Ensure proper containment, labels and PPE for hazardous operations and materials on-site.
- Develop emergency plan for any “material” hazardous substances used or stored on-site.
- Conduct evacuation drills and assembly @ designated location(s).
- Reviewing equipment and equipment modifications for safety and regulatory compliance.
- Certificate or Diploma qualification in Health & Safety.
- Knowledge of environment management systems an advantage.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing-based environment.
- Any courses like train the trainer, manual handling and first aid are desirable.
For a confidential discussion and a more detailed job spec (more information on the role), please contact Noeleen Stewart on 091-706712 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie