- Reference: D47225
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Dublin City Centre, Dublin North, Dublin West
- Category: Banking & Finance
Health Economist / Market Access Manager
Summary of Role:
Partner with our client’s payer organisations to guide, coordinate, plan, and prioritize the broad area of market access while implementing innovative market access solutions and leveraging health technology assessment (HTA) so that they have a systematic evaluation of properties, effects and/or impacts of health technologies and interventions within Oncology.
This is a broad role – providing an amazing opportunity to not just contribute to market access within our clients organisation but also deliver measurable impact within the HEOR field of expertise.
- Engage with internal commercial teams to provide Market Access & HEOR expertise.
- Build strong sustainable commercial relationships with payer organisations relating to current and pipeline product ranges in the Oncology field.
- Have accountability for HTA while delivering on relevant research studies on key industry topics such as micro costing.
- Ensure pricing and reimbursement at national and local level is aligned to and leverages other commercial strategies to meet or exceed affiliate plan.
- Work closely Medical and Government Affairs to build networks, understanding and close partnerships with key decision makers. Develop joint programs of action.
- Maintain awareness and understanding of the impact of local affiliate decisions on our client’s global business and vice versa to ensure Area & Global strategies and tactics are aligned with those of the Affiliate to meet both local and Area/Global needs to maximise momentum on delivering brand performance.
- Anticipate and contribute to Contracting and Tendering situations.
- Develop strategies in order to deal with C&T challenges and maximize their opportunities for the business.
- Manage cross-functional task forces to elaborate key insights for new products (prior to Phase 3) and help better tailor clinical development to ensure optimized access and price.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and Master’s in Health Economics is essential
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role, with Oncology background and demonstrated market knowledge.
- Proven track record of success in delivering commercial results and/or being responsible for product access to market.
- Extensive knowledge of the healthcare environment, including deep knowledge of payer and provider mechanisms, funding flows, and legislation affecting market access of pharmaceutical products.
- Good understanding of area healthcare systems to have an area-wide perspective for local affiliate decisions.
- Ability to drive complex cross-functional collaboration to involve and to align Market Access strategy with other business strategies.
- Relevant experience working within a payer and provider organization & international health care environment experience strongly preferred.
Travel 80% Office (Dublin); 20% In-Field (including10% International travel)
Contact Blaithin for more info:-
- For further information on this role, please contact Blaithin O’Shea on 01-6620088 or email email@example.com
- For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services, and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website at www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
- For more information on Collins McNicholas, contact one of our six branches across Ireland in Dublin, Cork, Galway, Sligo, Athlone, Limerick