We currently have an opportunity for a Health and Safety Specilaist based in a manufacturing site in Dublin. As Health & Safety Specialist you will be responsible for providing safety advice while proactively implementing initiatives across the site in line with current legislation. You will be expected to take a lead role in problem-solving, supporting, and coaching using recognised lean initiatives such as RCA, 5 Why’s, and 8D. This role will work closely with Production & Engineering.
- To ‘own’ current HSE procedures and policies, applying and developing new practices to ensure they comply with legislation. Advise on all current and future HSE legislation and proactively communicate and improve the safety across the site.
- Participate in all Customer and Supplier HSE audits.
- To specifically ensure that we develop and are fully compliant with all ISO 45001 and ISO14001 requirements by conducting regular internal audits.
- Carry out new risk assessments and COSHH assessments on products and processes, considering how risks can be reduced and ensuring agreed review dates are met.
- To fully investigate all accidents and incidents, report injuries to relevant parties, and advise on improvements to reduce similar incidents.
- Take reasonable care for your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions, being aware of emergency procedures including the evacuation and fire precaution procedures.
- Work closely with Manufacturing and Engineering teams, and to understand and support their requirements in relation to HSE matters, supporting and positively influencing all manufacturing KPI’s.
- Liaise with suppliers and customers, when necessary, to ensure all products and services are delivered in-line with the appropriate safety systems.
- Work with other HSE professionals in driving HSE improvements and initiatives (may include travelling to other Group Sites).
- Work with regulatory bodies in ensuring ongoing legal compliance – HSE, Environmental Agency, Local Council, etc.
- Assess ongoing training requirements and health surveillance, arrange internal/external training/support where necessary.
- NEBOSH General Certificate qualified or have a degree related to HSE.
- NEBOSH Environmental is desired but not essential.
- Must have a persistent manner and be able to succeed in a challenging and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate and influence effectively at all levels and drive all aspects of HSE matters forward.
- Knowledge of key HSE legislation and its application in practical terms.
- Experience of compliance management systems.
- Previous experience of working in a manufacturing environment is preferred, and roles with an engineering bias are advantageous.
- Maintain CPD with any professional memberships as evidence of ongoing competence.
- Strong exposure to liaising with members of other departments at all levels to resolve any HSE issues, creating a partnership working environment both internally and with key customers.
- Demonstrated lead with the ability to drive actions through data and KPI’s.
- Structured, self-motivated, and passionate about all aspects of HSE.
- Result-oriented individual who is comfortable dealing with cross-functional teams.
If you would like more information on this role you can contact Paul Dunican
(090) 641 7022