- Reference: SJ46792
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Donegal
- Category: Health & safety
Our client based in Donegal require a Health and Safety Manager for their manufacturing facility.
Reporting to the General Manager the Environment Health and Safety Manager is accountable for all of the health safety and environment activities in this 24/7 operation. The successful candidate will provide a safe working environment for all employees, contractors, visitors and customers as well as insuring our extensive transport function continually operates with Safety as its number 1 focus. The successful person will be responsible for the development and implementation of a Health Safety and Environment management system and will provide Health and Safety leadership and guidance while simultaneously reporting environment health and safety performance directly to the Board.
Duties & responsibilities:
- To achieve strategic targets by reducing the number of accidents, reducing waste, increasing energy efficiencies and growing organisational awareness of Health and Safety through Staff and Visitor Safety Promotion Campaigns and Safe Driving initiatives.
- To conduct environmental health and safety inspections and audits so that gaps or shortfalls are identified, timely improvement plans implemented and compliance and or savings are achieved without delay.
- To prevent accidents by raising employee and contractor Health and Safety awareness, training employees to manage risk and encouraging everyone to be proactive in reducing risk.
- The HS&E Manager will lead and coordinate a team-focussed approach to achieving Environmental Health and Safety targets.
- To investigate record and report on all EHS incidents be they accidents, near misses, personal injuries or environmental infractions, ensuring we meet our regulatory reporting responsibilities at all times. KPIs will be agreed and analysis of relevant safety indicators such as LTI rates etc. will be reported on a monthly basis. The successful candidate will also liaise with the HSA and our insurers.
- To liaise with all related government bodies, regulating agencies, external contractors and site visitors to ensure our Health Safety and Environment systems are up-to-date, fit for purpose and never compromised. The successful candidate will manage the Environmental Health and Safety element of all external audits.
- To coordinate the Company’s emergency procedures and ensure fire alarms and fire prevention equipment is tested, fit for purpose and that a proper administration system is in place to ensure full and continuous regulatory compliance.
- To be an active member of the Health and Safety Committee advising and directing the group so that we remain 100% legally compliant, build a best practice model, review and update policies and procedures and oversee a rolling risk assessment review of all activities.
- To work with the Production, Maintenance, HR and Quality teams to achieve organisational KPIs and to coordinate the safe management of our fleet with the Transport Manager.
- To establish budget proposals for the effective operation of the Health Safety and Environment department as well as coordinating specific training programs around Health Safety and Environment.
- Relevant third level HSE qualification / NEBOSH qualified
- Hold IOSH membership
- Four years in a similar role involving the implementation of an HSE management system.
- Providing Health and Safety management support to Company Fleet of vehicles
Experience within an FMCG environment with a working knowledge of HACCP
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aideen Cummins on 071-9140252 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!