- Reference: D47230
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Dublin City Centre, Dublin North, Dublin South
- Category: Banking & Finance
Head of UCITS Management Company
Purpose of Position/Description:
This role is an opportunity to be part of a global organisation expanding its presence in Europe (in response to rapid growth and in particular on our Dublin domiciled UCITS product range which has grown very rapidly with AUM now in excess of $50billion ). A significant part of the remit will be to help support the growth of the Irish business from an operational perspective and ensure the Manco’s regulatory compliance and governance obligations are met.
Responding to that growth we wish to appoint an experienced professional to the newly created role of Head of our UCITS Management Company based in Dublin. This is a senior role within our European business with a functional reporting line to the London based C Suite Executive. The successful candidate will be the designated person providing oversight of delegated activities and distribution across a wide range of investment management services.
- Regular liaison with the Board of Directors who have overall responsibility for the operation and Management of the Company. Work with the Chair in planning to ensure Board and Committee meetings are run effectively. Work with the company to ensure composition of the Management Company and Fund boards is appropriate.
- Coordinate regular Board and Committee materials and liaison with internal parties within the organisation, external Fund Service Providers and the Secretariat as needed ensuring the company fulfils it UCITS management functions. Ad hoc Board notifications/approvals may also be needed from time to time from various internal and external parties that support the Fund ranges.
- Local oversight of the organisations Pooled Product team responsible for the product governance arrangements of the Funds which includes but will not be limited to Prospectus, Supplements, Financial Statements and KIID documentation, general expense management, tax, budget and Fund accrual’s.
- Serve as a local escalation contact both internally and externally with Service Providers, Regulators etc as and when needed.
- Work closely with affiliate who provides risk management, compliance and internal audit functions to the Board of the Management Company ensuring all required fitness and probity requirements are met. This will include but will not be limited to the following types of administration tasks EMIR- LEIs, FATCA –GIIN, RAR registration’s, capital notification requirements, EIN forms etc.. Oversee Director / PRISM / D&O Insurance Fee Accruals as required – oversee issues and escalate as needed to CEO and COO
- Ensure Business plans, RMPs and required records are maintained and updated as needed from time to time. This also includes ensuring that any required ONR filings of documents are made.
- Help build out, implement and maintain a robust governance framework, set of best practices and oversight model through active management of vendor related issues/errors, KPI monitoring and due diligence meetings as needed.
- Oversee one analyst with responsibility for monitoring results of the broad EMEA business, providing point of sale competitive knowledge for the distribution team, and providing metric reporting to the CEO on a regular basis
- Designated person providing oversight of delegated activities.
- Support the CEO and COO to ensure key business objectives are met throughout the year including financial planning and Fund Board strategy days.
- Development of strong relationships both internally and externally in support of the continued growth and development of the EMEA business.
Experience, Qualifications and Skills
- In-depth knowledge of working in a buy side firm with a focus on product governance/product management particularly UCITS Fund ranges, ideally Irish domiciled.
- Proven leadership and organization skills are required to direct the activities of this business unit.
- Excellent relationship and people management skills. Ability to communicate effectively at all levels including both C suite Executives and local regulators as needed is a must have.
- Attention to detail, organizational skills, proactivity, and results orientation are key requirements.
- Proven track record in delivering strategic projects.
- Solid business acumen in capital and financial management.
- University Degree in business, finance, economics or related fields preferred.
- The ability to work effectively in a large, growing, fast paced and constantly changing, global organization.
- A strong team player able to work effectively with operations, risk, legal, compliance, finance, portfolio management, product, sales and relationship management teams as well as external service providers (administrator, auditor, legal counsel, Manco services etc.).
** This role may be a material risk taker with potential for impact on remuneration structure**
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services, and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland. please visit our website at www.collinsmcnicholas.ie