Head of Procurement
- As Head of Procurement, you will be responsible for leading all global procurement efforts, working with leaders of each business unit.
- You will be responsible for the overall procurement strategy and direction, enabling a central procurement function, identifying best practices and ensuring the ongoing business needs and goals are met.
- Reporting to a member of the Executive Committee, you will support a team of local Procurement Specialists and will work together to standardise the procurement process across all sites. With focus on creating synergies of spend and achieving best practice. This includes reviewing managing supplier contracts, relationships and business performance to establish best value for the business.
- The role will involve a significant degree of autonomous, self-directed work.
- You will oversee the management of supplier risk and driving commercial improvements across the organisation. Focusing on continual cost reduction without compromising quality.
- This role would suit someone who has strong procurement experience with excellent knowledge of procurement best practices and methodologies.
- We’re looking for an experienced individual with a professional approach to procurement. You will need a proven track record of improvement and experience of managing multiple projects through to delivery.
- Introduction of a consistent approach to procurement across the Group.
- Ensure that good procurement practices are consistently used and provide value for money.
- Develop a procurement strategy including short and long-term goals and objectives.
- Investigate new areas of opportunity to enhance production and procurement capability.
- Review of all company procurement spend and challenge value.
- Establish and maintain close working relationships with key partners.
- Perform market analysis and drive tender processes, leading contractual management.
- Drive cost reduction, process improvements and removing waste.
- Manage supply chain risks with appropriate contracting methodology and comprehensive terms and conditions.
- Engage in negotiations with vendors and suppliers to ensure the lowest possible prices.
Educational / Professional Requirements
- Previous experience in a similar role and in leading international procurement teams.
- Significant procurement and commercial experience.
- Proven understanding of procurement methodologies and best practice
- Experience of working within a fast paced manufacturing environment is advantageous.
- CIPs/MCIPS qualified is advantageous but not essential.
- Demonstrated proficiency in using first tier ERP software packages such as JDE/ SAP.
- Strong background in negotiating complex, high value international commercial deals and managing competitive tender processes.
- Leadership and strong change management skills.
- In-depth knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills and able to confidently present high level information to the Executive committee.
- Comfortable challenging assumptions and opportunities for improvement and open to being challenged.
- Strategic mind-set and problem-solving skills with the creativity to seek, encourage and find non-traditional approaches to procurement challenges.
- Willing to travel when required.