This role is one of the senior leadership team within site operations, bringing leadership capability and focus to strategic business areas, specifically Planning (Production & Materials) from long term capacity utilising the S&OP principles to delivering 99% service at the lowest overall cost. The second key purpose is Procurement, managing the company’s supply of raw materials, logistics, utilities and co-manufactured production delivering the required standards at the right time and the lowest end to end cost.
You will be a key contributor in implementing best in class procurement, planning and inventory control techniques & systems to drive production efficiencies, cost improvement activities, development of SAP Supply chain functionality.
Being responsible and accountable for the procurement and planning, including supplier selection, ordering, follow-up and process control, while ensuring that internal customer requirements for materials/goods and services are achieved in a timely manner at the lowest total cost and in direct conformance with the policies and procedures.
Job Description (full spec available on request)
Planning (Materials & Capacity):
- Owner and key operator of the planning system, working with supplier functional leaders to acquire base data and delivering a weekly to two-year plan to achieve a minimum of 99% service through to a capacity and raw material plan projection at the lowest possible cost.
- Generate wider business planning information for the creation of budgets and business development plans.
- Utilise an MRP Process to ensure that all cost minimsed production plans are fully resourced with required Raw Materials at the lowest overall cost (Min order quantity, age write off…).
- Develop and run “What If” scenarios to challenge the current and ongoing business principles to improve the major metrics.
- Manage the material warehouse team directly ensuring all key elements from materials receipt, processing and line delivery are achieved at maximum efficiency and lowest cost.
- Develop and manage a stock control and back-flushing process to allow material usage to be seen weekly by material and production unit.
- Process all raw material orders.
- Manage all New Product Development / product change processes affecting raw materials to minimise write off.
- All inbound and outbound non-engineering procurement.
- Ensuring all suppliers have contracts or other required legal agreements in place.
- Review on a programme all commercial pricing and agreements utilising all relevant commercial tools (e.g. Tendering) to deliver the best holistic commercial solution for the business, utilising the synergy of the wider group where beneficial.
- Responsible for delivering a PPV saving each year.
- Working with Technical to ensure all raw materials and products achieve all vendor assurance programme.
The ideal candidate will have:
- High level of Supplier and contract management experience.
- Significant Planning experience ideally within an FMCG environment.
- Strong influencing, change management, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to respectfully communicate to and challenge management team.
- Openness for new initiatives, fast learner, proactive.
- Ability to lead teams and build effective working relationships both internally and externally.
- Strong presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
Qualifications & requirements
- Education: Degree in a Procurement / Planning related discipline or relevant professional qualification.
- Experience: 5+ years of progressive business experience in planning/procurement/category management or related functions, preferably within the food industry or pharmaceutical industry background.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aideen Cummins.