Video for this job
Our clients a rapidly growing SME Manufacturing company with international customers and operating in markets across Ire/UK/EU and Middle east have an exciting new role to bring to the midlands market. Due to expansion/rapid sales growth they now have a leadership position available to HIRE.
The postion available is a Senior Management Position (Head of Operations – General Manager) based in Co.Westmeath and will take ownership and lead the manufacturing facility in Westmeath.
The Head of Operations / COO will lead and manage a high-performance manufacturing and supply chain function that produces high quality product on time that meets customer expectations, complete to customer deadlines and in accordance with the company values and objectives.
The position holder will lead a team consisting of 55 people in total and will report to the Managing Director with accountable for the achieving – monthly and annual targets, service delivery, inventory management, quality, cost, safety and leading leading various key performance targets.
The Head of Operations owns the production schedule for Manufacturing and undertakes robust daily,
weekly and monthly planning and coordination to ensure that all the necessary resources are in place
to achieve production KPI’s and ultimately deliver on time and in full to internal and external customer
• Lead and manage a team of Manufacturing Supervisors and Operators, ensuring they have the relevant skills, capabilities, tools and support to perform in their roles though robust performance management, training and development processes
• Design, develop and deliver an annual operating plan for the manufacturing function that ensures the company will deliver on its production commitments within allocated budget, people resources, targets and timeframes.
• Develop and deliver a supply chain function that covers supplier contracts, transport control, outside storage control, budget adherence and on-time in- full customer deliveries.
• Be accountable for creating and maintaining a safe and healthy working environment for employees by ensuring full adherence to best practice systems and processes.
• Promote a culture of positive employee relations with proactive management of communication, participation and engagement activities.
• Lead a programme of continuous improvement for Manufacturing, using principals and methodologies of Lean, to ensure systems and processes are optimised, fit for purpose and driving efficiency and effectiveness in terms of quality, waste elimination and cost, utilising Lean methodologies.
• Maintain and implement EU industry Approval in accordance with industry standards.
• Liaise with contractors as required on internal and external site development and report to management accordingly on execution.
Key Performance Indicators :
• Increase the throughput and operating efficiency from the department
• Reduce the number of non-conformities and/or customer complaints related to the department and products supplied
• Reduce the amount of ‘Rework’ generated on a monthly basis.
• On-time delivery to internal schedule.
• Employee engagement levels.
• Maintenance of EU Industry Standards & Approval.
• Budget delivery.
• Educational/Professional qualification in Manufacturing and Quality control.
• Deep knowledge of Supply Chain function and execution of best practices accordingly.
• Knowledge of relevant quality and safety standards.
• Knowledge in Lean, methodology and application of same
• Experience in Manufacturing, or related industry, with strong knowledge of Manufacturing systems, operations and standards required.
• At least 8 years’ experience in Operations management role.
• Strong evidence of delivering results in a fast paced operational setting and successful continuous improvement initiatives.
• Proven ability to manage and develop high performance teams.
• Experience of dealing with and developing suppliers and customers relationships.
• Experience managing positive employee relations
• Clear communication and reporting skills (verbal and in writing).
• Highly organised – High energy and drive for results.
• Hands on, can work in the detail and also take strategic view.
• Ability to work to deadlines with good prioritisation, planning and organisational skills.
• Willingness to carry out overseas travel to customers/trade shows where necessary.
• Confident at challenging the status quo, both influencing and challenging decisions.
Full details on application.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Mary Mullin on 0906478104 and email your CV to email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!