Purpose of Role
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Operations Manager will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations across the Group to support the achievement of financial targets and delivery of the Strategic Plans. With regular engagement and accountability to theGeneral Manager to support/deliver Group objectives, this role is responsible for ensuring that effective operational management systems are in place enabling the smooth running of the business. Based in Dublin the Head of Operations will be required to travel and have an on the ground presence in our four sites; Dublin, Belfast, Manchester and Northampton.
· Direct line management and development responsibility for the following functions:
Ø Office Manager – Belfast
Ø Office Manager – Manchester (dual reporting relationship)
Ø Customer Service / Inside Sales / Telesales – Dublin
Ø CSG Logistics & Purchasing – Dublin, Belfast & Northampton, via our Logistics and Purchasing Manager
Ø Process Control Manager including Business Forecasting Process, QMS
· Leadership role in the Forecasting meetings, Budgeting & Planning Cycle, Reporting, Cost and margin control
Ø Includes the preparation of CSG monthly management report
· Review of all new Principal Distribution Agreements and renewals – preparation of analysis of items requiring change/negotiation
Ø Ongoing oversight to ensure contract renewals occur in a timely manner
· Focal point for all matters of contractual / legal nature, engaging external advice as required
Ø Incl. HSE / NHS / HSCNI documentation, Tender/Framework documents
· Chair monthly Management Meeting, responsible for setting agenda, capturing minutes and meeting actions
· Development & implementation of Strategic Plan for Functions in scope
· Lead Stock Management & Control Program focused on cash (optimising working capital investment) and profit protection (net charges to P&L)
· Involvement & support on key business issues e.g. product related constraints; customer issues
· All other general and operational matters incl. contributing to facilities management at Northern Cross site as required.
· Lead & manage change through fostering of a positive culture of continuous improvement
- Strategic Influencing
The ability to build relationships with the Management Team and Sales teams and to have the skill set to directly influence the key decision makers and opinion leaders. It is vital that the Head of Operations has the ability to understand the current and emerging needs of our customers and ensure the team is delivering solutions which address those needs. The Head of Operations will be a customer-facing manager with astuteness to influence at a strategic level.
· Setting Customer Services and Inside Sales Strategy
The Head of Operations in consultation with the Management team will help set the business priorities and make daily operational decisions to ensure our agreed direction is being actively pursued.
The Head of Operations must have a thorough understanding and awareness of current trends in the Healthcare Market, the HSE and the clinical environment as well as a thorough understanding of where the Customer Services and Inside Sales strategy fits within the overall strategy.
· Driving for Results
This includes implementing a performance management structure for the various functions they manage which ensures the daily activity of the Teams are focused on targets and results. The Head of Operations must ensure that the combined teams are meeting customer needs and requirements at all times. Driving for results will require the ability to hold people to account for what they have agreed to deliver. The Head of Operations must also ensure that the resourcing model is fit for purpose and meets the needs of the business.
· Enhancing Sales through best in class customer service (internal and external customer)
All employees continually strive to enhance the service offered to our customers. The Head of Operations must endeavor to empower others to work outside their normal remit for the greater good. They will be responsible for growing the business and associated revenue. Enhancing the service offering is about creating a climate of support, while also insisting on improved performance via set KPI’s to ensure standards of customer service don’t slip.
· Internal/External Relationship Management
External: Understand customer requirements and foster a culture of excellence, customer focus and quality in the delivery of customer service so as to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
Internal: Effectively manage relationships with our clinical field based staff in relation to service delivery and customer expectations to ensure that the operational business model supports the quality of service required. Actively participate and contribute across the business at Management level with other departments including Sales, Projects, Marketing, QCRA and Human Resources.
· Project Management
The ability to plan, organise and manage short and long term projects so as to deliver customer focused results. This will involve the ability to build good relationships with stakeholders, set expectations, manage resources and communicate effectively with all parties.
Person Specification & Required Education/Experience
· 10+ years Managerial experience (Health Care Sector experience preferable)
· Third level qualification
· Must understand business operations and have experience driving change and operational improvements
· Strong operational focus, planning, organising and execution
· Demonstrable leadership and influencing skills with ability to role model the company values and culture
· Strong stakeholder management skills with ability to positively engage with people at all levels
· Financially strong and ability to analyse business data ensuring accurate, relevant and appropriate decision making and development of robust action plans.
· Understanding of legal contracts and demonstrable accuracy in reviewing and analysing same.
· Proven track record of leading high performing teams to achieve business goals.
· Work effectively and in partnership with the Senior Director and Management team
· Willingness to be flexible and adapt to the needs of the company.
· Excellent financial capability – Support & contribute to Revenue Generation and protect Profit Margin / Minimize Bad Debt / Aged Debt _ working in conjunction with Finance
· Understanding of tendering process
· Excellent IT skills to include Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
· Prerequisite: Successful candidate must have full clean driver’s license and be prepared to regularly travel to the group sites
Interested? Give Blaithin O’Shea a call on 01 66 200 88 or email firstname.lastname@example.org