Head of IT
We have a new opportunity for a Head of IT to join a long-standing reputable company that strives to be the first choice for Emergency Medical Professionals. We are looking for someone who is highly driven with a track record of achievement in developing and delivering technology solutions. It is a great chance to be part of an organization that makes a real impact on millions of lives. We would like this person to demonstrate strong commercial awareness with the ability to assess and deliver commercial opportunities.
What you would be working on:
- Define the company’s technology vision and lead all aspects of the company’s future technology platform development.
- Define and execute the three-year product road map and technology development plan including budget and resource requirements to build a world-class supply chain optimisation solution.
- Report monthly KPIs on progress and contribute to weekly tracker meetings.
- Define resource and organisation plans to align with the technology plan for over three years.
- Develop and deliver the Technology solution leveraging the necessary resources.
- Responsible for all aspects of product design and delivery from concept to release.
- Define the processes around agile strategic developments considering design, rapid development projects and feasibility studies to seek customer and industry feedback to inform the development plans.
- Build the product and technology delivery plan around clear customer and company value delivery.
- Interface with customers and other stakeholders on commercial opportunity assessments.
- Represent the company at conferences and trade shows presenting the company technologies.
- Engage with and provide leadership and direction to multiple levels in client organisations including technical, user, procurement, financial and senior management.
- Understand and present on competitor technologies and products provide leadership to drive innovation as a mechanism to deliver a competitive advantage.
- Work closely with Business Development, Customer Services and Operations teams to provide support, direction and leadership and to facilitate seamless new product introductions.
- Provide leadership through educating on how product capabilities and new developments will address client business challenges.
What does the ideal candidate look like:
- 10 years’ experience of leading and managing multidisciplinary engineering teams in a high growth environment.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior management role in a scaling international export-led company.
- Highly driven with a track record of achievement in developing and delivering technology solutions.
- Demonstrable experience in full life cycle product development from concept to delivery.
- Demonstrable experience using lean development tools (Agile, Scrum) to deliver and to build a customer and delivery focused team.
- A proven track record that demonstrates strong analytical and commercial awareness with the ability to assess and deliver commercial opportunities.
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Creative in identifying and understanding complex problems and persuading others to a course of action.
What you will receive in return:
- Competitive compensation package.
- High-visibility position, reporting directly to the CEO.
- Autonomy to shape the company's technology strategy and perform at your best.
- Opportunity to work with innovative products and impact millions of lives.
- Fast track career progression and extensive training.
- Be part of a high-performance team that is committed to delivering top-quality customer service while always striving for excellence.
- Healthy work-life balance, friendly work environment and short commute.
Location: Tullamore - Ireland.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Gillian Nicholson