Head of Commercial Operations
We are working with a rapidly growing organisation both nationally and internationally. Our client is looking to bring on board a Head of Commercial Ops to maintain the successful growth of their business. This opportunity would suit someone who has 10+ years of experience in the Electricity industry, experience with Demand Response, and someone who has in-depth knowledge of key energy markets.
Key Responsibilities: (Full job spec available upon request)
- Investigate the target demand response programmes/services, identify the potential value-stack available and highlight our value proposition, and present these insights back to internal stakeholders in a concise and clear manner through a combination of discussions, reports and presentations.
- Develop a business model for the target demand response programmes/services and present it back to internal stakeholders.
- Build relationships with key business chambers, organisations, associations, government bodies and other relevant stakeholders in Target Markets.
- Collaborate with the local Commercial Operations Managers with the preparation and timely submission of; commercial tenders, RFIs, RFPs, etc. as required to ensure that the company’s objectives are met.
- Provide functional leadership, within the company Gridware as part of a matrix organisation, for the local Commercial Operations Managers, with a strong focus on providing guidance, challenge and direction where required.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in a science / engineering / business / economics / similar discipline.
- In-depth knowledge of key energy and ancillary service markets in one or more markets.
- Understanding and experience of Demand Response and knowledge of assets and sectors suitable for the provision of Demand and Frequency Response services.
- Ability to identify new market opportunities and prepare business plans to exploit these.
- Strong quantitative and analytical capability including data analysis and presentation.
For more information or even a private discussion please contact Jason O'Flaherty.