- Reference: CJ46519y
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Cork, Cork City, Munster
- Category: Hotel & Catering
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Head Chef to join a dynamic team at a leading luxury client resort. Applicants must have previous experience in a similar role within a busy 4 or 5-star Hotel.
Support and assist the Executive Head Chef by overseeing the day-to-day culinary operations, including training, supervising staff and monitoring food quality.
- Knowledge of all Food & Beverage standards, quality presentation, service and products and local health and sanitation standards
- Manage the day to day needs of the Kitchen.
- Estimate and communicate daily production needs.
- Demonstrate proper and safe usage of all kitchen equipment.
- Knowledge of all standard procedures and policies pertaining to food preparation, receiving, storage and sanitation.
- Respond appropriately to guests’ needs during the hours of operation.
- Ability to support the control of food cost.
- Ability to assess quality control and adhere to service standards.
- Ability to clearly define productivity standards with quality requirements and methods required to obtain them.
- Be trained well on the MICROS system involving placement of food orders.
- Ensure that placement of all food orders are processed through the MICROS system on a daily basis.
- Ensure that the dry store storage levels are maintained, and stocks are rotated effectively.
- Check that all food and beverage outlets’ orders are at the correct level and do not surpass the stocks which are required.
- Ensure that the weekly rota is organised in an efficient manner by exercising flexibility in rostering at all times.
- Ensure that effective planning of holidays is in place in order to maximize the efficiency of the wage structure
- Influence skills
- To ensure that revised and/or new standards are upheld.
- To ensure all Food & Beverage procedures and standards are as per standards.
- To communicate and support the Food & Beverage development strategy of all products.
- To support effectively and positively the operational changes, policies and procedures with direct reporting to the Executive Chef.
- To effectively support the process of maintaining the products, progress with ideas and input.
- To support effectively and positively the operational changes, policies and procedures with direct reporting to the Executive Chef
- To identify to the Executive Chef the potential candidates for promotion
- To assist in the setting up and implementation of training records
- To assist in the process of photographing and recipe building of all Banqueting starters and main courses
- To implement all recipes for basic, stocks, sauces, dressings etc
- To train and develop all the above disciplines to all junior members of staff
- To prepare and update a departmental training manual
- To ensure attendance of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel training sessions and any additional training opportunities.
- To conduct appraisals on all employees up to the position of Senior Chef de Partie every three and six months, as well as on a yearly basis.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Must have demonstrated superior management skills in previous responsibilities. Should be able to articulately explain his/her management style, problems successes, failures & programs. Should be able to move from F&B Management to General Management.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to apply supervisory /management soft skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education/experience required.
- Previous experience in a senior chef related position
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aisling on 021 4809118 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!