Our client, a leading manufacturer of electronic systems currently has a requirement for an experienced Hardware Engineer to join their team. The role will have responsibility for working in project teams in an EN9100 environment carrying out design and development activities on Moog’s motor controller products.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Design & development of hardware (analogue, digital and power electronics) for Moog’s range of servo-drive products whilst ensuring that the product designs: –
- Meets performance specifications, cost & reliability targets
- Complies with required regulatory standards
- Are designed for manufacture & test (DFM &DFT)
- The successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of the hardware life cycle i.e. requirements definition, architectural design, implementation, integration and testing as part of a multi-site development team.
- The successful candidate will be expected to participate in design reviews and business reviews as required.
- The successful candidate will be expected to work towards achieving defined project goals/milestones within tight project schedules.
- The successful candidate will be expected to support a reasonable level of travel including on-site customer support.
- Design team member in an ISO9OO1/AS9100D environment.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge/expertise in the current state of the art.
- Minimum 2nd Class (Hons) degree or equivalent in an electronics / electrical course.
- The successful candidate should have a minimum of 5 years of experience in a relevant role.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent mathematical and analytical skills, problem identification, analysis and problem-solving abilities.
- Results-oriented and deadline-driven with a high degree of accountability, commitment and responsibility. Ability to produce very high-quality results under tight time constraints.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact with senior customers, management and team members.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Additional Skills – Advantageous
- Knowledge of the operation and control of permanent magnet synchronous motors.
- Knowledge of power conversion principles, topologies and technologies, and thermal management
- Capability and experience in VHDL language.
- Experience of hard real-time embedded system developments to defined project schedules.
- Knowledge of electronic devices and FPGA communication with electronic devices (e.g. A/D, D/A, optical encoders).
- Project Management
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Josh Barnes.