The Group Leader will lead and manage a team of analytical staff supporting the preparation and set-up of a brand new stand-alone laboratory. Once complete the lab will be dedicated to the testing of APIs and raw materials used in the manufacturing of finished products.
Overview of Main Responsibilities (full job description available on request):
- To ensure that team is operating at the highest quality and productivity standards.
- Authors procedures for the use of analytical equipment and to describe laboratory ways of working.
- Review and approve standard operating procedures (SOP's), laboratory methods, control of substances hazardous to health (COSHH) assessments, laboratory investigational reports, validation protocols, Risk assessments, reports & protocols.
- Routine Quality Control (QC) testing in accordance with registered methods and current Good Manufacturing Practice.
- Analytical method development, validation and transfer to support product lifecycle improvement activities across the Supply Chain
- Assumes Quality lead responsibilities within the laboratory e.g Quality System Lead, Compliance Lead.
- Effectively coordinating and managing the team so that productivity, quality, documentation, work schedules, safety, and housekeeping is run at maximum efficiency.
- Development, coaching, motivation, and morale of team members through effective teambuilding and use of reward and recognitions systems celebrating team success.
- Ensuring that all analysts are trained and have completed training records for all tests and other training completed.
- Handling any customer related queries where necessary and liaising with their team and with personnel from other teams to problem solve these queries if needed.
What the ideal candidate looks like:
- An honours degree in Chemistry or a related discipline is required.
- At least 5 years’ experience in an analytical laboratory.
- Excellent leadership skills and at least 3 years of previous supervisory experience.
- Has experience of the analysis of APIs, raw materials and excipients and the associated analytical techniques that may include HPLC, GC, IC, IR, LC-MS, ICP-OES.
What you will get in return:
- Competitive Salary (depending on experience).
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aisling Lane.