- The Candidate will be working with and supporting other team members on the entire process to improve yield, productivity and ensure production targets are met
- This is a technical role requiring problem solving through data analysis using scientific methods focusing on process capability
- Working on step change ‘deep dive’ projects as well as practical problem solving continuous improvement projects. Focus on metrics, live dashboards and final product yield
- The role will require the candidate to work closely with other process engineers
- The role will report into the Production Manager and will offer scope for both personal and career development
Duties and Tasks
- Ensure safety is number one priority in all work carried out
- Lead process improvement projects
- Practical problem solving and root cause analysis
- Material, Quality & Process parameter monitoring and control
- Follow through on actions logs, project milestones and presentations.
- Look for new innovative technologies Build a deep understanding of process variables
- Daily, weekly & monthly reporting of product and process metrics
- Work with management systems, Process change management, ISO, FMEA, risk assessment, standard work documents
Educational / Professional Skills Required
- Appropriate Engineering or Science qualification. Ideally Mechanical, Manufacturing or Material Engineering degree, NFQ Level 8 or higher.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma and lean systems is an advantage
- Some experience in processes.
- Examines data to grasp issues, draw conclusions, and solve problems.
- Makes timely, informed decisions that take into account the facts, goals, constraints, and risks, follow through on actions is required
- IT literacy including Excel, SQL databases, Minitab.
- Excellent communication, people and team working skills
- A team player with a can do, pro-active attitude and a passion for improvement