*Global Supply Chain Management Position*
Start-up Operations, Dublin – Emerging Medical Devices /Biopharma Sector
I am delighted to bring to the Irish Market an exciting opportunity to join an Emerging Medical Devices/Biopharma sector. Our clients are bringing new products to the global medical device/biopharma market and are setting up operations in Ireland to deliver and support the product pipeline globally. We are sourcing for their first Dublin Hire – a Global Head of supply chain leader to join their expanding team and head up operations here.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Head of Global Supply Chain Management will have responsibility for providing comprehensive supply chain leadership and support to operations, with a strong focus on planning and scheduling, strategic sourcing and supply supplier relationship management. Provide direction and leadership to assure that supply chain operations’ strategies address safety, quality, business outcome and cost control. This position plays a key leadership role in implementing and driving a sales and operations planning approach that enables the company to meet or exceed customer demand with speed and efficiency. This position reports to the Chief Commercial Officer.
- Develop and apply a standard Sales, Operations, and Inventory Planning process across manufacturing & distribution centers
- Establish an objective measurement of the usefulness of the demand plan, supply plan and order fulfillment processes.
- Support supplies and devices for clinical trials
- Designs and owns the (End to End) E2E business processes for supply chain management and ensures the system roadmap enables those processes in an integrated manner
- Works collaboratively with Device Development, including Clinical Operations, Quality Assurance, Regulatory, Outsourced Manufacturing and Project Management partners to develop optimal supply strategies and ensure on time delivery of products for clinical use and commercial distribution.
- Provides clear vision and direction to staff while actively mentoring them in their growth and development. Listens to staff concerns and develops action plans to meet long-term objectives.
- Engages the supply chain management team to meet company goals by continuously improving processes and systems.
- Stays current with industry trends and best practices with respect to supply management as well as changes in the regulatory landscape that would impact the supply chain.
- Reviews SOPs and labeling required for distribution and for clinical products to ensure GMP compliance.
- Supports the budgeting process and reviews purchase orders.
- Examines cross-functional issues from a broader organization perspective.
- Can lead departmental strategic initiatives and represent supply management in inter-departmental initiatives.
- Partners with Quality Assurance to resolve quality-related issues with manufacturing and distribution vendors in a timely manner and develops holistic corrective actions to prevent recurrence.
- Partner with Regulatory to ensure labels meet global regulatory requirements and supply strategies filed with regulatory bodies support overall developmental strategy and mitigate risk.
- Shapes the future of the supply chain management department by participating in recruitment, training, performance management and staff development.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Strong computer and organizational skills required. Project management experiences a plus.
- Must be able to anticipate potential obstacles and difficulties and act upon this in order to meet goals.
- Possesses strong collaboration, influencing and negotiation skills to work effectively with internal cross-functional groups and external suppliers to meet the aggressive clinical study timeline and patient needs.
- Must have the ability to write clear, concise and error-free documents.
- Must be able to exercise judgment within defined procedures and policies in order to determine and take appropriate action.
- Must possess a strong knowledge of global regulatory requirements.
- Possesses experience/knowledge in forecasting, demand / supply planning, inventory management, clinical labeling and distribution including import/export and reverse logistics.
- Works well with ambiguity, can assess options quickly and efficiently and implement best option in alignment with the company culture and expectations for clinical timelines.
Specific Education and Experience Requirements:
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree and highly preferable in a science-related field; MS, PharmD, or MBA desirable.
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience in the medical device or pharmaceutical industry
- Industry experience in supply management.
For more information or a confidential discussion on this opportunity, please contact Mary Mullin.