Global IT Project Manager – Co. Galway
For further information please contact Noeleen Stewart Collins McNicholas – 091706712 or email@example.com
- Identify and schedule project deliverables, milestones, and required activities and tasks.
- Provide leadership and motivation to project team members throughout the project life cycle and confer with project staff to outline work plan.
- Act as a coach to junior project managers, executives and others who need assistance and advice regarding project management practices.
- Establish a work plan and staffing for project activities, iterations or phases, and arrange for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
- Review project proposals or plans to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing projects, staffing requirements and allotment of available departmental resources to various project phases.
- Analyze project proposals to determine time frame, funding limitations and appropriate process for accomplishing projects.
- Review/approve work plan of external service provider or consultancy contracted to execute project.
- Implement project communication plan.
- Conduct risk assessment and mitigation.
- Monitor project activities, ensuring the currency, quality and integrity of the information, while providing consistency in content and “look and feel” across the enterprise.
- Ensure that project goals are accomplished and in line with business objectives.
- Assign duties, responsibilities and scope of authority to project personnel.
- Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within budget.
- Review status reports prepared by project personnel, and modify schedules or plans as required.
- Establish standards and procedures for project reporting and documentation.
- Continuously benchmark project management performance to identify improvements and achieve higher capability maturity in project and portfolio management.
- Bachelor’s degree in business information systems (IS), computer science or related field, or equivalent-related IT experience.
- Project manager training and certification desirable, but not required.
- 7 or more years of progressively responsible IT experience, with sensitivity and commitment to business problem solving
- Five years successfully managing and delivering on complex projects
- Demonstrated experience in leading diverse teams
- Distinctive blend of business, IT, financial and communication skills, because this is a highly visible position with substantial impact
- Knowledge of project management methodology and experience or familiarity with major, defined program management approaches (for example, PMI, Prince II or agile)
- Effective influencing and negotiating skills in an environment in which this role may not directly control resources
- 15% to 20% travel required with this position
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Noeleen Stewart on 091706712 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.