Video for this job
Our client, a well known Pharma company based in South Dublin City are seeking to hire 4 GL Accountants to join their team on 11-month contracts. Working under US GAAP guidelines you will join a high performing Finance Team reporting into the GL Senior Accountant.
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly and annual corporate reporting to US Headquarters.
- Proactively identify, rectify and follow-up on errors and causes of errors while managing the quality and development of financial accounts, systems, processes and databases within given parameters.
- Handle general ledger inquiries from other departments, Controllers and the Market.
- Work with Corporate Audit and external auditors for all audit-related issues under US GAAP; provide audit information on a timely basis.
- Develop effective working relationships with key stakeholders in the Market
- Perform/Review monthly reconciliations.
- Contribute to team effort and assist co-workers as needed.
- Identify opportunities for continuous process improvements and innovative solutions so the team can operate in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Participate in projects that require creativity and analytical skills.
- University Degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting
- Qualified Accountant
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- Minimum of three years of related accounting experience required
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work under pressure and to handle several projects at once
- Strong accounting, interpersonal, analytical thinking and organisational skills
- SAP and/or Oracle experience desirable
- Proficiency in PC skills (particularly Word and Excel)
- Experience in dealing with external auditors and involvement in the audit process
- Experience in financial reporting in a similar shared service environment is also beneficial for this position.
- Language skills are preferable though not essential
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Eoghan Dalton