About the Role –
The General Manager directs recycle plant operations utilising personnel to achieve customer and employee satisfaction while improving production, efficiency, and safety.
Your day to day –
- Manage all daily operations and be accountable for all aspects of the running of the facility
- Ensure that all objectives are attained in a Cost-Effective Manner.
- Oversee Domestic and Commercial Collections and Fleet
- This position manages all employees (80+) across a number of departments and is responsible for the leadership of their team.
- Manages policy deployment in the areas of lean manufacturing techniques, quality, cost reduction, complete and on-time delivery, safety, customer satisfaction, employee relations, visual controls, and plant performance measures.
- Provides leadership for employee relations through effective communications, coaching, training, and development.
- Provides leadership for problem resolution to facilitate faster improvements and improved working relationships.
- Manages material requirements to increase inventory turns and reduce levels on hand.
- Ensures compliance with company standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, safety, and complete and on-time delivery.
- Oversees sales and responsible for new business and the retention of existing business.
- Forecasts and responds to employee’s needs and ensures compliance with company policies.
- Reports to the Head of Operations Manager and others as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Project Management.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Performance Management.
- Technical Capacity.
- Mechanical Aptitude.
The Essentials what you need –
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field and/or equivalent experience in a similar industry.
- 5+ years’ relevant industry experience
- Strong Communication Skills and a track record of excellent people management of a large team.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Edel O’Brien on 021-4911065 or email firstname.lastname@example.org