- Reference: D46014
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Dublin City Centre, Dublin South
- Category: Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
General Ledger Accountant
Excellent opportunity to join leading pharmacuetical company based in Dublin city center.Ideal candidate will have 3 years experience in multilnational shared service environment.
This role is responsible for an entity/entities, working with the local markets and internal GFS Europe departments to report to Corporate Headquarters on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis. The GL Accountant will also be responsible for identifying inefficiencies with a view to developing and implementing more robust processes within the group.
• Responsible for monthly, quarterly and annual corporate reporting to US Headquarters.
• Proactively identify, rectify and follow-up on errors and causes of errors while managing the quality and development of financial accounts, systems, processes and databases within given parameters.
• Handle general ledger inquiries from other GFS departments, NY Controllers and the Market.
• Work with Corporate Audit for all audit related issues under US GAAP; provide audit information on a timely basis.
• Develop effective working relationships with key stakeholders in the Market
• Perform/Review monthly reconciliations.
• Contribute to team effort and assist co-workers as needed.
• Identify opportunities for continuous process improvements and innovative solutions so the team can operate in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
• Participate in projects that require creativity and analytical skills.
• Minimum of three years of related accounting experience required
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to work under pressure and to handle several projects at once
• Strong accounting, interpersonal, analytical thinking and organisational skills
• SAP and/or Oracle experience desirable
• Proficiency in PC skills (particularly Word and Excel)
• Experience in dealing with external auditors and involvement in the audit process
• Experience in financial reporting in a similar shared service environment would be beneficial.
• Strong technical accounting skills i.e. good knowledge of accounting standards
• Strong analytical skills
• Knowledge of US GAAP
• Familiarity with Sarbanes Oxley and internal controls
Minimum qualification of a University Degree in Business, Finance
or further information on this role, please contact Ita Hodder on 01 6620088 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services, and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland. please visit our website at www.collinsmcnicholas.ie