Permanent role with one of Irelands most instantly recognisable institutions based in Dublin City Centre.
Reporting to the Head of Reporting, the successful candidate will be responsible for the overall co-ordination, operation and integrity of all FSD processes around Oracle’s General Ledger module, including the successful completion of a monthly financial end close cycle to strict timelines.
- Month-end processes including General Ledger close, balance sheet reconciliations (incl. Accounts Payable, Payroll, Financial Accounting, inter-company eliminations, accruals, prepayments) all to strict timelines;
- Timely processing of key downstream system interfaces into the General Ledger
- Providing administrative and operational support, to include month end and quarter end close processes and relationship management with a wide range of stakeholders
- Supporting quarterly analytical reviews of income and expenditure accounts – including system to GL reconciliations;
- Ad-hoc financial analysis at a cost centre level
- Managing and maintaining the Oracle General Ledger Chart of Accounts coding structure
- Leading and proactively recommending improvements in the financial systems to drive ongoing data accuracy, process efficiency and tighter internal controls;
- Leading and managing a team, prioritising work, coaching and supporting staff to ensure cross functional support within their immediate team and the wider Financial and Management accounting team
- Fully qualified accountant and a member of a recognised Irish Accounting body.
- Applicants should have a minimum of 5 years’ post qualification experience, preferably in a similar role, in a medium to large organisation.
- Knowledge and strong experience in an Oracle or other computerised accounting environment essential
- Previous experience on intercompany accounting, consolidations and intercompany elimination processes a distinct advantage
- Previous team management experience is essential
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Eoghan Dalton.