As a Funds Operations Manager, you will support the Real Estate Fund Operations team in the financial and non-financial reporting of real estate investments.
The Real Estate Fund Operations team is responsible for the oversight of the third-party fund administrator, which aggregates data and prepares many of the fund’s deliverables. The main responsibilities will be to review these deliverables and assist in the day to day operations of the funds.
As a Funds Operations Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Invoice management.
- Overseeing treasury activities.
- Address internal and external audit requests.
- Managing the workload of other accounting associates.
- Supporting Asset Managers in on-going operational matters.
- Supporting data initiatives that help to improve data integrity.
- Staff coaching, development, and performance management.
- Review of management fee calculations and fund-level returns.
- Ensuring the timely and accurate preparation of financial statements, performance returns, data submission, property waterfall calculations, client deliverables, portfolio analytics deliverables and investor level reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in financial accounting.
- Experience in financial statement preparation and reviews.
- Working knowledge of joint venture waterfalls and income calculations.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple processes within tight deadlines.
- Experience calculating or reviewing asset management or incentive fee calculations.
- Understanding of generally accepted accounting principles as it relates to fair market value of real estate and fund accounting.
- Understanding of data validation and flow as it relates to accounting/operations deliverables and their down streams effect on other reporting systems/teams.
- Experience in the real estate investment management industry.
- Knowledge of and experience with REIT structures and taxation.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the Fund Operations Manager role, please contact Emma Cawley